“Now, Lois, we both know that Kent would never have told a rival newspaper about one of our investigations.”
I am glad Perry is here to talk some sense into her.

“Maybe he would if he were looking for a new job, because the Daily Planet’s readers keep abandoning us for them,” she exclaimed, tossing the Metropolis Star onto Clark’s empty desk.
Her premonitions seem to be messing with her understanding of reality if she thinks that is at all possible.

Clark:Why would I go anywhere else, when I chose the Daily Planet so I could be with Lois?

“Okay, you’re right. Clark does like to hold on to his secrets,” she admitted with a grumble.
Perry:Well, you did share it almost immediately after learning it.

“Perhaps I was wrong about the Voyeur, and it was the Met Star trying to get a jump on our next headline.
Very disturbing thought.

It would explain why they have reporters following us.”
Maybe Linda was just trying to catch her "boyfriend" cheating on her.

Lois shrugged. “I thought it might be Bureau 39,” she lied weakly,
That was her original suspicion.

“Because Harrison is still alive, we should be able to convince a judge to let Eugene out of jail to work on the antidote for this virus.
Only if they can be convinced he is still alive, Eugene's and Lois's word alone won't accomplish that.

She bit her bottom lip in concentration. “Hope that Jimbo aced his Computer Virus class he took from Laderman?”
Actually, bringing in trained counter-virus experts with lots of experience would be a better idea. But her previous claim was that Laderman's unique knowledge of this specific virus was needed.

She tried again. “Invest in gold bars?”
What does that have to do with anything?

“Find Henry Harrison?”
That sounds like a good idea.

“There we go, Lois,” her boss said wryly, patting her on the back. “I think he’s buried out in Whispering Pines.”
Was that the cemetery from "Ressurection"?

“There was a body down in Harrison’s grave,” Reed continued, handing Lois some papers from the coroner’s office. “But it wasn’t Harrison’s.”
So she did believe Lois's claims, at least a little.

“I have a dead body on my hands,” Reed reminded her. “Harrison is still missing. For all we know Eugene Laderman killed two men,
Shouldn't Lena identifying the wrong body cause major red flags about this whole thing?

and cooked up this virus himself as a way to get back at the world.”
I was going to ask when he could have implemented it since being imprisoned, but I guess Lois did give him computer access.

“I only brought this to your attention, because you said Eugene told you that Harrison was that guy on the video with Lena.”
I am surpsied Reed has not taken possession of the video, or has she?

Clark had only opened the door from the Daily Planet stairwell a crack when he saw Lois and Luthor not three yards away.
grumble Too much Luthor all around. He is not supposed to show up at the DP in any of these episodes. grumble

“What do you mean 'you bailed me out'?” Lois demanded to Clark’s delight.
Clark: grumble why do they even have to be that?

I appreciate you bailing me out, really, I do, but it puts my job as an unbiased reporter in jeopardy.
Perry:The number of stories I can put Lois on and still maintain our journalistic ethics is very small.

Therefore, I can’t drop everything and go to lunch with you.
For once she actually turns him down.

“Please know that you’ll always have a job at LNN,
Luthor really does not get it if he things Lois would ever take a job where she had been dating the boss.

“I’m sorry, Lex, but I’m not going to be available until this Ides of Metropolis mess has been cleaned up.
grumble so much for her not being friendly with Luthor.

“No, Lex. I can’t be convicted of harboring an innocent man,” Lois retorted.
Actually the charge would be interfering with a man hunt, and probably could in theory still be brought even if he is proven innocent, although it might not be likely.

Sadly, Clark knew that if Lois were ever wrongly convicted of a crime, Luthor would be right because Superman would bust Lois out of prison in an instant, damn the consequences.
What if Lois was rightly convicted of a crime?

Why when it came to Lois, did Clark find he would have no problem crossing that ‘truth and justice’ line he wouldn’t for anyone else?
If she is wrongly convicted though, it would seem to be the just thing to get her out.

“Either way, Lois. I want you to know that I’ll never allow you to end up being convicted,” Luthor reassured her.
That does sound like the statement of a crook.

Unfortunately, Luthor’s promise was merely words and not proof of any legitimate bribery scandal within the justice system,
Do you really want to describe a bribery scandal as "legitimate"?

but it could be a new angle for Clark’s investigation. How often did the same judges see Luthor’s court cases? Had any of the judges changed dockets with another judge at the last minute in any court cases involving Luthor or companies owned by Luthor? If so, why? What were the financial holdings like for those judges who had ruled in Luthor’s favor?
Clark, Cat, Henderson and Lois would make a lot more progress if they worked together on the Luthor investigation.

Lois set her hand on Lex’s arm,
grumble what is with her constant touching him, I did not think the watch was worth that much.

Then again, he hated Lois being in the same room with the billionaire, so he might be a bit biased.
Well, he did shoot her.

“That’s very kind of you to say, Lex. Thank you,” Lois replied, and from her tone Clark knew that she didn’t mean it.
grumble Too much Lex kissing Lois. grumble

Clark waited a full minute before entering the bullpen.
frown I was hoping he would go immediately to Lois right there.

She had seemed too friendly with Luthor, but her words had told the man off.
It is harder to speak in fake tones than with fake words.

Should Clark listen to her words, or her actions?
He should just plain trust her. Although why she wants to be friends with the guy who shot her never really made sense to me.

In that light, he had to admit that Lois’s actions weren’t any friendlier than with her co-workers.
Does Lois accept kisses on the cheek from Jimmy, Perry or Cat?

and saw Lois standing on her tiptoes trying to reach a notebook on a shelf above her head.
party They are together again.

John Pack Lambert