because all the traffic lights in Metropolis are on the fritz,”
Why did she expect Clark to be in with all the traffic lights on the fritz?

Where’s Clark?”
Saving the world I am sure.

Perry nodded towards the television, where LNN showed a couple of airplanes sitting on the tarmac.[Quote]

Good he was there.

[Quote]“I’ll see if I can get the D.A. to release Eugene so that he can join them,” Lois said to her boss as Jimmy ran off.
Couldn't they set it up so he could work on the problem from jail?

“I doubt that’s going to happen. Laderman’s a convicted murderer who has already escaped from police custody once. You’ll need special permission from a judge to get him released, which you’re not likely to get being that you harbored a felon, and not just any felon, that felon,” Perry said.
Lois:Perry, that is why you will be the one making the request to get him out, not me.

“Eugene’s innocent, and the charges against me will be dropped once we prove it.
It would seem the gun charge would still stick, and the other charge still in theory would stick if the conviction was overturned, although guess they might drop all of them, but only if she could make a deal to avoid exposing incompetence.

The man with whom Lena’s been having long lunches is Henry Harrison, Lena’s husband and the man whom Eugene was convicted of killing,”
I guess that would make the whole trial and conviction highly suspect.

“I couldn’t put it in my story because I don’t have any corroborating evidence that Harrison is still alive, and I know how much you love those cold, hard facts. Eugene had just recognized him when Reed knocked on my door last night.”
Perry:This is why the Star scoops us, we don't print the possible leads we have.

Somebody was still killed, Lois,
Someone died, whether they were killed is another story.

“Then this country is in deep doo-doo, Chief, because Eugene is the only person out there who saw the Ides of Metropolis virus while Harrison was working on it; therefore, Eugene will be the only one who can kill it before it does serious damage,” she replied.
Sounds like it is already too late for that, it seems to have already done serious damage.

“Well,” Perry said slowly. “I’m glad we have a convicted murderer on the case to kill this virus; it’ll make for nice copy.
See, that is what they need, to go for the catchy title to beat out the Star.

Kind of like what our front page would’ve looked like if it had included color photos like the Metropolis Star did.”
They need better photographers.

He lifted up a copy of the Met Star, showing Reed and her men leading Lois and Eugene into the police station in handcuffs with the banner headline Daily Planet Harbors Murderers.
How did Linda manage to pull that off? I am slightly surprised that the Met Star issue has not come to a head yet.

“But at least the Daily Planet had the inside story on Laderman’s capture, because my star reporter got arrested with him!”
Lois:I do what I can to get the inside story.

How in the hell would she know about Eugene’s capture? Clark!” She growled.
Oh no, oh no, oh no. She is mistrusting Clark more and more.

John Pack Lambert