John: Thank you for your comments. I had a strange feeling that you'd respond positively to this part. laugh
I will do a more in depth response latter. First though party lots of kissing. grumble at the stupid watch grumble.
That poor watch just can't catch a break. frown

Now the big question is, why is Lois so shocked about Perry's birthday. My guess is she is remembering the events of Perry's next birthday. I was going to say "she is about to realize CK=SM' but of course she already knows that.
Um... she forgot to buy him a gift?

I am hoping she remembers about the time travel incident now. That will be very interesting.
cool
I was so hoping that she would run into Clark at the police station.
This arc is brought to you by A-Plot Central. B-Plot is currently on vacation (although it does phone in from time to time.)

“Great shades of Elvis,” Jimmy mumbled.
JOHN: He clearly spends too much time around Perry if he says things like that.
Yep. Actually, that's a canon line of dialogue, I just moved it up slightly in the scene.

He actually thinks she gets stories out of Luthor, odd.
PERRY: What does Luthor have to do with anything? My reporters come in on time, or they have a darn good excuse, and I'm not talking "I've been in jail all night".

Why did she expect Clark to be in with all the traffic lights on the fritz?
Because he a) walks, b) flies, c) doesn't take a car.

Saving the world I am sure.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Just a couple of planes.

Couldn't they set it up so he could work on the problem from jail?
According to Eugene, he needs a strong central computer / server to work from. I'm sure they don't have one of those at the jail.

Lois: Perry, that is why you will be the one making the request to get him out, not me.
First she has to convince Perry that Eugene is innocent.

It would seem the gun charge would still stick, and the other charge still in theory would stick if the conviction was overturned, although guess they might drop all of them, but only if she could make a deal to avoid exposing incompetence.
LOIS: You want me to sit on a story about incompetence in the DA's office in return for no jail time. <<holds out wrists>> Take me away. I don't take bribes.

I guess that would make the whole trial and conviction highly suspect.
Word of the convicted killer that his victim is still alive isn't enough to free Eugene. They've got to catch Harrison alive first.

Perry: This is why the Star scoops us, we don't print the possible leads we have.
PERRY: Cold, hard facts trumps gossip every time.

Sounds like it is already too late for that, it seems to have already done serious damage.
At this point and time, the damage done is the same amount of damage shown in canon.

See, that is what they need, to go for the catchy title to beat out the Star.
PERRY: My headlines aren't 'catchy' enough?

They need better photographers.
JIMMY: peep

How did Linda manage to pull that off? I am slightly surprised that the Met Star issue has not come to a head yet.
Heard it on the police scanner? Was just leaving the police station when they arrives? Received an anonymous tip? Lots of possibilities. Thankfully, this story isn't about her.

Lois: I do what I can to get the inside story.
LOIS: It was an exclusive!

Oh no, oh no, oh no. She is mistrusting Clark more and more.
He's her go-to whipping boy.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.