mrsMxyzptlk: smile1
I like all the Lois-Clark interaction. I was a bit disappointed, though, that Lois didn't follow Clark out to corner him in some secluded corner of wherever he was going to look up those drugs in order to get some... quality time. Oh, well. At least they're talking. And if all their positive interactions are physical, that's a pretty shallow relationship. Still, smoochies are nice.
Sadly, this arc isn't about the smoochies; it's more about the A-Plot and how hard this undercover assignment and the non-relationship relationship ruse are.
LEX: <<clears throat>> Again, I'd be more than willing to do... /looks at the word 'smoochies' and absolutely refuses to say that word in reference to himself as it would be out-of-character/... *kissing* with Lois. I know in our contracts it says "Lois is only to kiss Clark" but my lawyer has been looking at the wording and since she has already broken the contract by kissing Superman, we feel that there is room for negotiation.
CLARK: No.
LOIS: razz
LEX: So... that's a maybe?

I don't think this is "issues" so much as hating being manipulated by high-maintenance, self-centered girlfriends. He doesn't want Lois to think that she can just bat her eyelashes at him to get him to do whatever she wants. She keeps demanding that he always defer to her and believe whatever she tells him, no matter how much it contradicts appearances, without giving him any reason whatsoever to trust her. She can't just keep claiming "trust me" indefinitely without showing him that she's trustworthy. On the other hand, there's a fine line between demonstrating that you won't be manipulated and just being belligerent. I don't think he crossed that line here, but if she keeps pushing his buttons, that's the way this would go.
Spot on! clap

Thank you for your FDK.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.