Originally posted by John Lambert:
He hated it when she used this voice against him. It reminded him of when Lana tried to wheedle him into doing things he didn’t want to do.
He still has issues.
I don't think this is "issues" so much as hating being manipulated by high-maintenance, self-centered girlfriends. He doesn't want Lois to think that she can just bat her eyelashes at him to get him to do whatever she wants. She keeps demanding that he always defer to her and believe whatever she tells him, no matter how much it contradicts appearances, without giving him any reason whatsoever to trust her. She can't just keep claiming "trust me" indefinitely without showing him that she's trustworthy. On the other hand, there's a fine line between demonstrating that you won't be manipulated and just being belligerent. I don't think he crossed that line here, but if she keeps pushing his buttons, that's the way this would go.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)