Lois stiffened, and dropped back into her chair. Why was Cat impersonating her?
I did not expect Lois to learn of this so soon, from Cat.

Clark! Lois wrote next. What were Clark and Cat working on together?
Clark:It was Cat's idea to insinuate she was you, not mine.

Lois drummed her fingers on her desk. It was nice of Clark to inform her that he was shopping around for a new partner.
One story is not shopping around for a new partner, especially when she is till going by Lois Lane.

she had specifically told him that their partnership would go on as usual.
That was before she took on the Laderman case, focused huge amounts of resources into the Luthor investigation that she refuses to tell him anything about, and neglected to call him about closing the Moskal story.

Clearly, he must be thinking that for her safety he needed even more distance between them.
Actually the whole Cat inpersonate Lois plan was not his idea at all. Anyway Cat inpersonating Lois to work on an investigation does not really create perceived distance.

She knew that Clark would be loyal.
smile1 she really does trust Clark.

If the superhero was terrified of making love to her, there was no way he would become intimately involved with Cat and her wild ways.
Actually since the curse applies only to her, maybe there is in theory. In practice I do not see that happening, but for reasons other than what Lois thinks.

On the other hand, Lois had gone out with Lex twice – that Clark knew about, actually three times – since Nightfall and their supposed break-up… but only as friends, associates really.
Lex is not acting like an only associate.

She knew that Clark and Cat would never be more than friends. No, she could trust Clark to be romantically faithful.
What if he thinks she really has broken up with him?

Still, it irked her that Clark would partner up with someone else professionally. Clark Kent was hers, and she didn’t want to share.
Then she should stop hiding so much of her professional life from him.

Maybe she had been petty, and should have called Clark in the middle of the night after Superman caught the kidnapper.
Or at least not gone out with Luthor again the next day. I would say she has gone on four dates with Luthor. There is no way to not count his driving her home from the Majic Club. I mean, they were drinking champaign together.

Perhaps that was why Clark had edged in on her interview with Lena. He missed working with her and needed some kind of reassurance that Lois still needed him.
I think she is underestimating how much it hurt him to have his secret date with Lois cut in on by Luthor.

Lois would have to tell Clark about Eugene Laderman. It would prove to him that she needed and trusted Clark without any danger to him or Superman’s reputation.
I guess this will help, a little.

“Oh, like you wouldn’t have done the same thing to me about Superman last summer?” Lois returned.
It would not have been quite the same since Lois was not presenting a false front to Superman.

Actually, now that she thought about it, Cat had.
I seem to have forgotten that.

“Paranoid much?” Cat inquired, leaning up against the restroom vanity and waiting.
It's not paranoia if you really are being watched.

She had obtained a small lead lined bag from Dr. Klein to put it in to neutralize the radiation.
smile1 Dr. Klein is here. They really should have introduced him much earlier in the show.

“More than ever,” Lois grumbled. “So much so, I think he was behind Clark’s abduction. He was afraid we were getting too close and wanted to eliminate the competition.”
She begans to admit the truth.

“I’m not… dating Lex; I’m undercover.
That only works if Clark knows it. If he doesn't, it still tears him up a lot.

“Honey,” Cat said, shifting her weight so her hips rocked. “If he’s giving you Kryptonite jewelry to wear, and you’re Superman’s favorite rescue toy, he’ll end up killing you both with one stone.”
Interesting view. Probably because Luthor figured that Superman seeing Lois die would cut him up so much he would stop being Superman.

“The frequency to the tracking bug in my new watch,” Lois replied.
Why not just send it to Clark?

From what Clark could tell from his research, the medicines his anonymous source said Dr. Muldoon had stolen from the hospital dealt with lowering high blood pressure, inducing labor, reducing blood clots or anemia, and other severe pregnancy related conditions.
So Dr. Muldoon figured that she needed to be the one to bring the resources to keep people alive through pregnancies in the New Dawn. OK, that was Smiley's line, but it works with Luthor's arc too.

Lois bounded up and grabbed his arm, dragging him over to a secluded section of the bullpen. “Tell me the biggest secret you have,” she demanded.
hyper He is going to tell her The Secret.

but after what happened yesterday at Lois’s apartment and at this morning’s meeting,
Wait, I though we were two days past the apartment incident?

He couldn't undo telling the secret. Once she knew, she knew.
But if he tells her, then as Superman he can warn her against Luthor. Come on Clark, trust Lois.

It wasn't as if he could erase her memory with a kiss, if he wanted to, so until he knew what exactly was going on between Lois and Luthor, he had decided to wait. He wanted to trust her, but what if Luthor had hoodwinked her somehow?
If you tell her the Secret you can unhoodwink her, right Clark?

Her eyes widened. “Okay, not the biggest secret you have. I know we can’t talk about that, but how about the next biggest. Something you’ve never revealed to another soul,” she insisted.
So now she has told him she knows, without making it clear.

“Because I already know what it is, and this isn’t the time or place to discuss it,” she said. “Now, tell me!”
Interesting that she tells him this.

“You… already… know?” he gulped on a suddenly dry throat. How did she know? Anyway, if she knew his biggest secret, then how did she expect him to keep it from Superman?
Maybe she thinks he has multiple personalities?

“Yes! I figured it out,” she said, lowering her voice once more. “Hello? Psychotic ex-fiancée, irrational fear of intimacy…any of that ringing a bell?”
Does she really think these facts relate to him being Superman? Although, actually she might be right.

What did that have to do with him being Superman? Then Clark realized she was talking about something else entirely, and blushed.
I think I am now confused? Is Clark right that she was not talking about Superman, or has she just managed to misdirect him because she is off base in her idea of why he came to earth.

“It’s not as if I would ever use that against you, which is why I want you to tell me your next biggest secret.
So did she just promise to not use Ck=SM against him, or is she talking about something else?

Clark stiffened; it annoyed him that she would call him ‘Chuck’ after going on who knew how many dates with Luthor.
But they are fake dates. Although without Lois making it clear what her goals are this is not really evident.

It was time to tell her the truth. “I have been keeping something from you, Lois,” he said, and then paused glancing around. Nobody was standing within ten feet of them. “I’m going to lunch with Linda King tomorrow.”
huh This makes no sense.

“Is it lunch lunch or a date lunch? Please tell me it’s a lunch date,” she pleaded.
huh

“That’s fantastic, Clark! Oh, you’re so brilliant!”
huh

“No woman deserves to be beaten up more than Linda. I’ve never received such an unexpected and thoughtful gift, Clark. Thank you.”
Now it makes sense. Although, without her in the picture does she really expect an attack from Lex's goons? Is she trying to misdirect Clark even more. shock

“Of course you are, Chuck,” Lois whispered, her voice tender. “We would finally know if it’s safe to come out of hiding.”
Now it makes sense.

“Like an expensive watch,” Clark returned.
Now that was a low blow.

“If you think I’m the sort of woman who’s interested in a man because of his earning potential, you’re sorely mistaken.”
Clark:Then why were you so quick to run off with him when he said he had something for you?

“You haven’t earned the right to hear my secret. Your secret, though vile and disgusting, wasn’t important enough to earn knowledge of my secret,” Lois announced haughtily.
She does have a good point. Clark really had to tell Lois he was going with Linda for the jealousy plan to work at all.

John Pack Lambert