-- Response to Michael's FDK - Cont.

He’s not paying enough?
It's the jewelry, Lex. Not enough gold, rubies, and lapis.

You mean, it would be like when Ralph tried that thing with the slobber?
LOIS: That's a good example.

He had indeed.
Just because he wasn't alone in bed, didn't make it any less lonely. It wasn't as if his bedmate was there for conversational purposes.

After reading the FDK and rereading this bit, things finally click with Jolly St. Clark. At first I just thought she was going for memories form Season 2.
I did make an author's note at the beginning of 68 about it.

<<Superman>> after too much <<pigging out on sweets>>
Possibly. <<There's another reason Alt-Clark doesn't eat sweets>> But more likely, just him in a Santa suit.

Then how are they going to learn how to be good all year. And to barter.
Superman = unconditional love. Lex = not so much.

Actually, it’s only now that I get it that this was Jolly St. Clark as the lost S1 Christmas episode which Lois now remembered. Some biiig hint for this being the lost S1 ep would help ginormously in the archived version. I just don’t know how to do it.
Well, I did put that note at the beginning of 68, which I could include in the Archived version (although they'd have to get pretty far in the story to get to it). Originally, I didn't include Lois's flashback from "Jolly St. Clark", but when the readers started to get all clap

/points at Superman turning back time/ /points at Superman going back in time to change the past/ Do I need to show more examples?
But that isn't our Superman. That's only that comics / Reeve version.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee! <<ER bounces for joy>> But how will she know to name him Clarkie Bear?
Uh... er... um... [Linked Image]

Oh noooooooooooo <<crying>>
Hmmmm. Doesn't work if she doesn't call the bear Clarkie?

TEMPUS: I know I called Lois galacticaly stupid. But comparing her to *him* is like comparing Hawking to a fruit fly.
LOIS: THANK YOU! It's about time someone finally acknowledged this fact.

Wouldn’t it be awkward if he had a bit of soot on his cheek or neck?
Oh, dear. Would Lois think Clark had been exchanging mistletoe kisses with Superman?

He maybe not. But what about Dr. Kelly. And Dr. Hamilton. And… do you require more examples?
Um... Good examples?

Awwwwww… Lucy’s there, too.
Krypto! Just joking.

Or having her lying in Lex’s bed, drugged and hogtied.
LEX: Sounds like my usual Christmas gift. I'm not understanding the analogy.

Okay, I guess that’s it with the Christmas smilies. And I can see how reading that a couple of weeks earlier would have been a mighty fine idea.
John's right. There's more to come.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.