Christina: Thanks for the long FDK.
*musing* Denny... Now where have I heard that name before?
The Foundling. Jack's little brother.

So I guess Clark set them up with a good place to go if they didn't go here. It was pretty obvious that Clark had helped them get a leg up but I wonder how that happened. I know the Superman Foundation was in it's infancy at that point so I'm not even sure they would have had the connections to get him into a half-way house (which is what I would expect for a brother pairing, one of which is old enough to work in some jobs.)
Um... No. Clark hasn't met Jack and Denny in this story. Actually, I wasn't going to include them due to leaving the Globe in Smallville.

Wouldn't that have been disapproval? It's not happy she didn't grab a chocolate strawberry.
Approval of the desserts being served. I'm not going to have Lois taking food from homeless kids, Bobby Bigmouth, maybe, but not homeless kids.

That's nice Denny, but it's still kinda mean. I know it was with good intent but still.
Well, she did take 5 from the plate, leaving none for Lois.

A penitentiary for unwanted kids. Or at least I'm sure that's part of Luthor's mindset. It will make them stronger for it.
Let's train them to be minions from an early age. clap

Hiding away the long-term storage foods to fill in the gaps that come from very little unfulfilling food.
And table scraps for his brother.

Methinks that Linda King's in town. That's not going to be fun for Lois.
[Linked Image]

One of those things he's never had to deal with. Most of the people Jack had to talk to probably never did have a business card.
Actually, it was the shaking hands with him that he thought odd. He didn't know about the business card until she passed it to him in the handshake.

I agree and impact statements are a major part of charity life these days. You can't get away with throwing away food like that without rebounding on the charity itself. Then again we're talking about a Luthor charity. I am guessing that he could probably prop it up on his own with no support for others with no great difficulty.
Well, they throw out the food after a big catered party, so he wouldn't think of it as being any different, since this "gift" was over and above their usual.

She may have just found her angle. It's still a fluff piece, but the kind of fluff piece she'd do well on.
"Lex Luthor Plays Santa Only to Good Children" . I don't know. I think Lex could spin that as a positive.

In other words, Barter.
Pretty much. That's how it is on the streets.

I love that this was part of Lois to begin with, even when she didn't show it off in "Season's Greedings" much.
This Lois has more (repressed) life experience than S2 Lois. wink

Christina, who has taken WAY too many courses in business management lately: Um, that only covers PART of the Maslow's hierarchy of needs. I'm sure you know that Luthor.

Luthor: Ah, but no one actually GIVES you the rest. You have to work for the rest yourself.

I know my voice for him isn't quite right but I still wanted to write him for a sec.
Sounds like him. At least he got the bottom level covered, according to him.

That's a HALLOWEEN tradition in our household, not a Christmas one. Halloween you bartered for your favorite pieces after going over your haul.
Well, Lex was orphaned at age 10 like Clark. Where had *he* ended up to get where he is today?

A chill's running down my spine. Methinks this is going to be problematic. I know the red K wasn't found until the next season but the green could be what is contained in that watch.
Just because Red K wasn't found until Intergang looked for it in canon, doesn't mean that this Lex's minions haven't found it. [Linked Image]

A vision from Season's Greedings I'm guessing. Going to see Clark's pet project I assume?
Nope, visions from my last year's S1 Christmas story "Jolly St. Clark." Clearly, I need to add more for those people who didn't read that story (or remember it a year later).

I'm guessing she's accepted the "orphaned as a child" story fully. I know she overhead the Kents suggester cover story but it didn't seem like she had fully believed (as in faith believe not logically believe) the story until this moment.
She *wants* to believe it now. Superman gave her an excuse when he said that from a certain point of view Clark's story was true. So, she believes most of what Clark tells her is true, only WHERE it took place (and with major details missing) is the lie.

I'm not sure on that one. I do know that in one of the previous cycles she had figured out Clark=Superman but this time she hadn't yet figured that out. Unless this is one story that we never heard. I don't remember him dressing up as Santa in the canon universe.
Another flashback from "Jolly St. Clark." blush He mentinoned previously in his flashbacks to his earlier life that he used to stay on Campus at Kansas State and get a job as mall Santa before he started dating Lana. And after being included in the Lang family Christmas party, wished would have much rather have been back at the Mall as Santa than spend it with her family.

So sweet until that end part. At least the rest of it helped mitigate this little bit of sad.
Thanks. It had to be bitter-sweet due to where Clark is at the moment. sad Don't worry, the night's not over yet. cool

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.