It makes sense to me. I also think you went with the logical balance between Luthor's awfulness on the one hand, and the fact that even Luthor can't get away with too open outrages on the other. Although since he did kill a man, maybe he can.
And which man did Luthor kill again? wink <This sounds like a specific reference>
Menken. I believe he is the only person Luthor is publicly known to have killed. Although, I guess Luthor only shot him in this universe, so maybe I am confused. Yes, w know Luthor was responsibile for instigating his death, but I guess publicly there is no evidence that the shooting caused the death, since it probably didn't, so I guess I was speaking a bit out of line, confussed by canon, and inprecsion and other such things.

Maybe I should have called it the straw that broke the camel's back. However that was probably his reaction to Lois telling him that there was a leak in his power plant.
I'll let you decide if that was the straw or what happens next will be. cool
Well, good point. It did not motive Lois to actually proactively investigate Luthor.

Well, Lois was marrying Lex, and Mrs. Cox was acting as if it didn't matter, because she and Lex would continue to be intimate. I think Lois had every right to hate her for flaunting this information into Lois's face. I'm surprised that she caved after getting Lex to say he'd fire her. <<Probably why Mrs. Cox turned on him in the end.>>
I guess it never really made sense to me why Lois would want to marry Luthor. He saying "I can't" at the altar was one of the few logical things in that regard she did. I am surprised the whole Mrs. Cox manner was not a bigger turn off to Lois. I guess there is a reason why there are stories in the archive where Lois ends her engagement to Luthor when she catches him with Mrs. Cox being much more than friendly.

Clark: That sounds logical. However, should we trust Luthor to make public how many people are at his orphanage. It undermines his ability to run discreat tests on them that might result in death.
You're right, but since he delegates the running of the Luthor House to others, who might not be so devious...
Lois: Plus, I have to start somewhere. If the head claims that there are only as many children at the house as recieved presents, I will know he is lieing because Jack didn't. If he gives me any number greater than that of those who recieved presents, I have something to go with on their limited disbursement of presents. It might not be the whole story, but it is somewhere to start.

<<happy dance>> again for Lois rejecting Luthor.
Anything to make a Reader happy. wink Well, within reason.
He Lois is not dating Luthor, she wants to be with Clark. OK, it could be better, but it could be a whole lot worse. We are about at canon, more or less. Lois and Clark have had more highs and lows, but they are roughly at the same spot.

Canon Clark: I like "Jolly St. Clark" better though, Lois kisses me.

Hmm, he might have a point. Still, they are pretty close to the same spot.

Clark: I will let Lex get this ordinary man speach, I don't want to hear Lois tell me this, in or out of the suit.

Lois: I chose out of the suit, wait, no I did not say that, I am not implying I want to see you in less clothing.

Clark: The audience does not think "unclothed" when they see "Clark out of the suit".

Lois: Huh? Why?

Clark: Well, I could tell you, but then the EW would not have any more fun writing dialogue where we speak around each other.
I don't know. [Linked Image] Lois has a good point. Superman doesn't wear much under his super suit. laugh
Lois: Superman? When did he come into this discussion? We were talking about Clark taking off his suit.

LOIS: It was just that one time. Or was that the second time?Clark: Well, it depends how we define "sleep" and "together". However we have only once slept both of us in the same bed.
Hmmmm. Nope, I'm thinking it was the second time... <<searches story>> Back from when Allie died...
They slept together in the same bed back then, I forgot. I was mainly thinking of when Clark slept in the chair, sort of holding Lois sleeping in bed, the night Luthor shot her.

After months of little to no physical contact between her and Superman, just this little touch from Clark sent fireworks up her arm, but she could handle it. She hadn’t kissed Clark the night before, and he hadn’t kissed her. Sure, she had fallen asleep in his arms on the couch and he had carried her to his bed to sleep. He had taken off her shoes, tucked her under his blankets, and kissed her cheek goodnight, but that was all. If she hadn’t taken hold of his arm and asked him to stay with her, she knew he would have slept on the couch. Even so, he stayed on top of the covers with her underneath. He had been a perfect gentleman, and she hadn’t jumped his bones. She could do this.
Yep, second time they spent the night together.
Hmm, maybe I will have to reread the whole story so I do not miscount the number of times they have slept together.

Lois: I do not have to answer to Lex for whether or not I am dating Clark. Why am I even telling him this much?
She's trying not to be rude.
Lois: Oh, right, Luthor does have some influence in this city. Still, he is making it very hard not to be rude to him. He is not really heading my wishes at all.

Lois: Relative to your income, you have never done such. It means more coming from Clark because he has to work longer to afford the lunch.
Yes, offering her lunch at the restaurant he owns isn't quite the same thing.
Lois: When you put it that way, especially since it was during the time he does a private eat there anyway, so I don;t even cut into his potential profits by being there since there are none, Clark's date dinner seems to represent caring about me even more. Especially since he got me things he does not like eating, something Lex would never think to do.

John Pack Lambert