“Is now,” he replied, glancing at her outstretched hand, as if she were weird. “I’m Denny.”
Is this Jack's brother Denny?

Denny ate with gusto as if he didn’t know when or where he would eat again. She also noticed that he ate some things, others he put into his napkin on his lap. He was wearing a loose windbreaker, several sizes too large, over his dress shirt and tie. Hoarding was a sure sign of possible homelessness. She was glad that Lex wouldn’t go so far as to hire actors for this strange party.
Much cheaper to bring in homeless children. They won't demand pay beyond the food.

His brow furrowed in thought. “About a month. My brother, Jack and I came here after the weather turned cold.”
Sounds like I was right. I guess conservation of detail still works in fanfic.

Solitary confinement for kids? What kind of place was this?
The type of place that Luthor would run.

“That instead of spending a fortune on this party, Jack thought Luthor should spread the money out over the course of the year, improving the food in general,” Denny said, taking two more tartlets off a passing tray. One he shoved in his mouth, the other he set in his lap.
But if the party is really good it will encorage donations which will lead to, oh wait, with Luthor, probably no inprovement.

“That didn’t go over well. Apparently, the Luthor House did the same thing on Thanksgiving. We saw the dumpsters full of still good food when we came to see if there was room for us. We thought we were going to be living the high life.” He shrugged, implying that usually they didn’t.
This does sound like very poor planning on someone's part.

“There was a pretty blonde lady from the Metropolis Star here for Thanksgiving,” Britney said, grabbing a couple of tartlets and putting them on her plate.
Linda King?

Lois pressed her lips together in annoyance. Apparently, this wasn’t as exclusive an honor as Lex had led her to believe. She’d have Jimmy check through archives on whom Luthor deemed her equivalent over at the Met. Star.
smile1 grumble I think spying devices are more likely.

John Pack Lambert