Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, since Lois rejected Lex, you are forgiven.
Thanks.

It makes sense to me. I also think you went with the logical balance between Luthor's awfulness on the one hand, and the fact that even Luthor can't get away with too open outrages on the other. Although since he did kill a man, maybe he can.
And which man did Luthor kill again? wink <This sounds like a specific reference>

I meant that general people and things that appear in a work of fiction matter, and totally extraneous things don't matter. I thought they went over-board with repeating characters in "Soul Mates" myself.
The only overboard they went was with Jimmy's "Soul Mate" who they never showed again after he asked her out on a date. <<Oh, no! Jimbo the serial killer! And we were all so worried about Tempus.>>

Maybe I should have called it the straw that broke the camel's back. However that was probably his reaction to Lois telling him that there was a leak in his power plant.
I'll let you decide if that was the straw or what happens next will be. cool

I am just glad that Lois is not jealous of Mrs. Cox's connection to Luthor. I think she came off as such in BatP and FotHoL.
Well, Lois was marrying Lex, and Mrs. Cox was acting as if it didn't matter, because she and Lex would continue to be intimate. I think Lois had every right to hate her for flaunting this information into Lois's face. I'm surprised that she caved after getting Lex to say he'd fire her. <<Probably why Mrs. Cox turned on him in the end.>>

I try to surprsess any memory of Lois dating Lex.
clap Well, she was only doing it to make Superman jealous.

Clark: And this time I am not part of the wrongness.
clap

Clark: That sounds logical. However, should we trust Luthor to make public how many people are at his orphanage. It undermines his ability to run discreat tests on them that might result in death.
You're right, but since he delegates the running of the Luthor House to others, who might not be so devious...

<<happy dance>> again for Lois rejecting Luthor.
Anything to make a Reader happy. wink Well, within reason.

This is the inverse of the odinary man speach. The ordinary man speach is "SM, I would love you the same even if you were an ordinary man." This is "Lex I would react differently to you if you were an ordinary man".
Hmmmm. I guess you're right. Although I meant with that comparison the implication (because here the Reader knows she's not saying that) that she'd be still love him if he were an ordinary man.

Clark: I will let Lex get this ordinary man speach, I don't want to hear Lois tell me this, in or out of the suit.

Lois: I chose out of the suit, wait, no I did not say that, I am not implying I want to see you in less clothing.

Clark: The audience does not think "unclothed" when they see "Clark out of the suit".

Lois: Huh? Why?

Clark: Well, I could tell you, but then the EW would not have any more fun writing dialogue where we speak around each other.
I don't know. [Linked Image] Lois has a good point. Superman doesn't wear much under his super suit. laugh

LOIS: It was just that one time. Or was that the second time?Clark: Well, it depends how we define "sleep" and "together". However we have only once slept both of us in the same bed.
Hmmmm. Nope, I'm thinking it was the second time... <<searches story>> Back from when Allie died...

After months of little to no physical contact between her and Superman, just this little touch from Clark sent fireworks up her arm, but she could handle it. She hadn’t kissed Clark the night before, and he hadn’t kissed her. Sure, she had fallen asleep in his arms on the couch and he had carried her to his bed to sleep. He had taken off her shoes, tucked her under his blankets, and kissed her cheek goodnight, but that was all. If she hadn’t taken hold of his arm and asked him to stay with her, she knew he would have slept on the couch. Even so, he stayed on top of the covers with her underneath. He had been a perfect gentleman, and she hadn’t jumped his bones. She could do this.
Yep, second time they spent the night together.

Lois: I do not have to answer to Lex for whether or not I am dating Clark. Why am I even telling him this much?
She's trying not to be rude.

Reader: I know that. I am just pointing it out, hoping that Lois will take notice of it.

Lois: I am begining to wonder why Lex has been gathering so much information about me.
Actually, she's wondering why Lex is so interested in *Clark's* activities

Reader: Will this Lois be properly creeped out by Lex having a facsimile of her apartment in ASU, or will we not get there?
We'll have to see if Herb arrives before then or not, and what he says regarding Clark. [Linked Image]

Lois: Relative to your income, you have never done such. It means more coming from Clark because he has to work longer to afford the lunch.
Yes, offering her lunch at the restaurant he owns isn't quite the same thing.

Reader: Clark, I think you need to accept that it is happier than it is. Lois will trust you, now just tell her the truth already.
CLARK: But Herb could arrive at any moment and tell me it's time to go save Lois's True Clark. How is this happy?

Hmmmm. It seems as if John really liked that scene from a couple of parts ago. I hope he doesn't self-combust when PML starts in a part or two. [Linked Image]
I was going to ask for clarification, but I decided I really did not want to understand.
clap

On the other hand, since Santa was not wearing glasses, he couln't possibly be Clark, now could he?
That was her findings in "Jolly St. Clark".

Oh course now, there is no better time than the present. It would be a perfect Christmas, and a righting to all the wrongness Luthor has introduced into it.
You’ll have to read Part 70 to find out. <<I was going to mention it, then I remembered that this was the FDK for 69>>

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.