She took another look at the chunky green and red crystals, which adorned the watch. They seemed to catch the light and appeared almost to glow from within.
smile1 hyper more rejection of Luthor.

Although, if she had to chose between them Lex would lose, every time.
Clark: I guess I like that. I am still jealous of Superman thogh.

“That’s true, I was.
Clark: Lois, he is lieing.

Lois: How can you tell.

Clark: His lips are moving.

“Of course, Lex. As I’ve stated before, my career is of upmost importance to me,” she replied. “If you were a humble, ordinary man of little importance to the city, and its impact on society or on news in general, then this would be a different conversation entirely.” Yes, then she wouldn’t be holding back how much she was growing to dislike and despise him.
clap Although sadly that is not what Lex hears.

Lois’s skin began to crawl. Lex was a little too much interested in her and Clark.
Clark: He also seems a little too knowledgable about it.

“What ‘relationship’, Lex? Clark is my partner. We work together.”
And sleep together.

“I understand that you two attended the Kerth Awards together,” Lex countered,
Lois: We didn't even arrive together. I brought Jimmy as my date.

“We were at the Kerth Awards at the same time, but we weren’t ‘together’. I took Jimmy,”
This is totally true. Hmm, she did not even make the "arrived seperately claim".

“Didn’t he take you to dinner before that?” Lex continued to probe.
How does Lex know this?

“I heard that he took you to eat at Amphora,” he said. “Their food is a bit pedestrian for me, but I’m sure it put Kent back a pretty penny. It’s not exactly a ‘dinner with friends or colleagues’ type establishment.”
Lois: It was for my birthday. Some people really lavish their friends on their birthdays.

Lex continuing to do so made alarm bells go off in her head.
clap alarms are finally going off.

Whether or not she and Clark were dating, she would be turning Lex down. Her private life was none of his business, and Clark’s private life was even less so.
I guess technically they have not been on any dates since the Keth Awards, despite having slept together.

Lois: We did not sleep together.

Reader: You were sleeping, and you were in the same bed.

Lois: That is not what the phrase means.

“All work and no play, makes for some very lonely nights, Lois, does it not?
Lois: Not when your work partner spends the nigth with you.

Lois cleared her throat and took another step away from him. “You have given me much to think about, Lex;
Now he thinks he is making headway. Of course Luthor does not know the meaning of the word no.

think of how much she could have accomplished on her investigation of Clark with a few hours in Italy itself.
Nothing if she was on a date with Luthor.

John Pack Lambert