John: smile1 Another 3 part FDK. Have I been forgiven for bringing Lex into Lois's Christmas, then? wink

Is this Jack's brother Denny?
[Linked Image]

Much cheaper to bring in homeless children. They won't demand pay beyond the food.
In the Pilot, the White Orchid Ball was a fundraiser for this Luthor House for Homeless Children charity. I thought it might be fun to see what life was like at one of Luthor's charities.

Sounds like I was right. I guess conservation of detail still works in fanfic.
Conservataion of detail? confused Is that where you bump into familiar characters out of time and place? Well, in "Soul Mates" Lois and Clark kept bumping into the same set of people, no matter which place they landed on the timeline. If they are MEANT to be in your life, or you in theirs, I guess the universe will make it so.

The type of place that Luthor would run.
[Linked Image]

But if the party is really good it will encorage donations which will lead to, oh wait, with Luthor, probably no inprovement.
Also the "party" is for the kids, not the donors. It's about P.R., which is why he invited Lois, to give it a good spin for him.

This does sound like very poor planning on someone's part.
Was it? Or was it misunderstanding what they saw in the dumpsters?

Linda King?
Could have been.

Luthor is going down. Implying that Lois and Linda are equivalent is going to be his last big mistake.
clap No, don't worry. He'll make more.

If one is staged like everything else.
Pretty much.

Mrs. Cox and Lois seem to be arch-enemies.
Mrs. Cox doesn't like anyone to home in on her spot. She's jealous because Lex keeps paying Lois extra attention. Lois feels this animostity and mirrors it right back.

Of course someone else could come and throw the stuff out later.
True.

she knows she likes Clark.
Possibly.

Even if she can forgive Clark fully, it will be hard for him to be back in that type of feeling, what with thinking he will have to leave soon.
evil

At least she recognizes there is something wrong with Luthor.
After their third date (way back before he shot her), he kissed her and invited her to stay the night back at his place. She refused (i.e. challenge issued in Lex's mind), went back to her apartment and took long scalding hot shower to get the taste of him out of her mouth and to scrub herself clean of how he made her feel. What Lex saw on the video. Lois went home and took long hot shower after their date. Oooh-la-la. There are those that aren't so blind as will not see.

So now she is remembering the tree from "Jolly St. Clark"?
Yes.

So the arguments were not direct personal attacks like most arguments in the Lane household?
I'm sure Ellen and Sam could make even those petty arguments personal.

Luthor is a Santa suit. This is just sick and wrong.
"It's a Wrong Christmas"? wink

At least he is not riding in the sleigh like Mrs. Church was in "Home is where the Hurt is".
He strides into the room like a benevolient dictator.

Maybe what Mrs. Cox meant was that Lois did not know who the vistor was.
Maybe she was just being facetious.

And she expects an honest answer why?
Because the number of children at an orphanage should be recorded somewhere publically, and can be double checked.

No, he just does not expect actual scrutiny of his actions.
That, and he really doesn't care.

How did Lois ever think herself attacked to a man who values her ideas so litte? Of wait, she never really has this go around.
[Linked Image]

Clark: Hey, Lois. I told you all about my parents dieing. I have told you lots about my past, in fact more than you have been willing to believe.
True. Clark's "lies" seem more believeable after Lex's misdirections.

She should have Superman check the watch for spying devices.

Clark: I think that is a wonderful idea.

Lois: Don'st start with that bizarre idea that Luthor was spying on me.
Nope. It's just a watch. Okay, it MIGHT include a tracking device on it, but it might not. I think to be on the safe side, best to keep Clark AWAY from the watch.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.