“Is now,” he replied, glancing at her outstretched hand, as if she were weird. “I’m Denny.”
Huh, what’s he doing here?

She was glad that Lex wouldn’t go so far as to hire actors for this strange party.
Very strange. What if one of those kids steals the reporter’s money?

His brow furrowed in thought. “About a month. My brother, Jack and I came here after the weather turned cold.”
Odder and odder.

She turned in time to see the last chocolate covered strawberry disappear. Her stomach growled with approval.
laugh Those go well with champagne, a Jacuzzi and a Clark in swim trunks.

Denny replied, reaching across the table and grabbing a chocolate covered strawberry off the plate of a pre-teen girl, who had taken five, and handed it to Lois
clap

Figuring that she would seem rude if she didn’t accept the gift, she opened the box and found an ornate, jeweled watch inside.
Not even a pearl necklace?

“No, no! I insist that you keep it, Lois,” Lex said, refusing to allow her to return it. “I had it made especially for you.”
Uuukay?

She took another look at the chunky green and red crystals, which adorned the watch.
cat Let’s keep Clark away from those, shall we. Otherwise he might slobber all over Lois during the PML incident. And Lois would slobber right back. And…huh… What have we been taking about again?

Maybe she could re-gift it to her mother, who was apt to despise the scarf Lois had bought her and let Lois know as much.
That way, Clark will never warm to his mother in law.

“Anyway, I’d be worried about getting mugged in this neighborhood for such a watch, Lex.” She would never put on that hideous thing.
Another Lex was much less tacky with a Kryptonite studded wedding band.

“Lex! What are you doing? Think of the children!” she pleaded, moving to the side along the wall and further away from him.
“I saw Mommy kissing Santa tonight”?

Was that why he had moved her here, not so he could speak with her privately or distract her from her inquiries, but to kiss her?
Nah, never.

Either way, his kiss had been unwelcome and unacceptable.
That’s what her new steel-capped knee-protectors are for that Clark got her for Christmas.

It had to do with the fact that she knew she would be brushing her teeth as soon as she returned to Daily Planet to get the taste of bile out of her mouth.
Maybe if she had thrown up all over Lex?

“That’s true, I was. So, you’re rejecting me for purely professional reasons?”
He’s not paying enough?

Yes, then she wouldn’t be holding back how much she was growing to dislike and despise him.
You mean, it would be like when Ralph tried that thing with the slobber?

“All work and no play, makes for some very lonely nights, Lois, does it not? I have learned that,”
He had indeed.

A chill crept down her spine. There had been something recently in the news about a secret relationship that had gone badly but, for the life of her, she couldn’t remember what it was.
Ooooh! Ooooh!

She hated to knee the man of honor at his own party in front of thirty-six kids, but she would if he tried anything.
Oooooh! Ooooh!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.