Lois’s heartbeat accelerated. Had she just told this man, whose true past she didn’t know, that she loved him?
Very clearly yes.

No, she sighed with relief, she hadn’t.
Only in the sense of not using the l-word. For all intents and purposes she has told him she loves him.

She did care for Clark more than any other man she had ever known – if one ruled out a certain superhero – but she wouldn’t let herself even think the “L” word until he was fully honest with her.
But she just thought the l-word.

“Ever since we’ve arrived here in Smallville I’ve become aware how fragile…” Oh, that was a horrible word choice there, Lane, she scolded herself. “— and vulnerable you are.
Because in some ways he has only been fragile and vulnerable in Smallville.

I was truly frightened this afternoon at the thought of you dying. As if we were somehow linked and your death would kill me as well.” Lois flushed. So much for not telling him how she really felt. “Okay, I’m starting to ramble,
Clark: Starting to ramble. You have been rambling a lot.

Lois: Well, you have been saying nothing.

Clark: Anything I say will make things worse.

and you really should say something now. And don’t you even try that old excuse that you couldn’t get a word in edgewise.” She continued to rub his hand with her thumb.
smile1 hyper Lois is touching Clark. hyper it has taken her less than half a day to accept that he really is Clark. Even if she knows something is off, she is not going to refuse him his name.

He hadn’t really looked like himself since she had first discovered he was hiding his true identity from her.
All of 12 hours ago. I am somewhat surprised she is making this much progress. Still two-near death experiences probably mad it hard to hold a grudge.

She was tempted to wake him up, but this really wasn’t the conversation she wanted to have with him grumpy.
Actually the bigger issue is can she actually get him to wake at all?

John Pack Lambert