Lois heard Clark shout, felt him push her away, and saw him jump between her and Trask, like a human shield,
LOIS: mad That *stupid* moron. Who does he think he is? Superman?

before falling to the ground with a heavy thud amidst the two almost simultaneous explosions.
LOIS: eek Clark! Clarkie-bear! laugh and [Linked Image]

She wanted to call him Clark, or Kent, but it seemed wrong somehow to call him these names anymore. Jerome still twisted her tongue into knots. “Chuck.”
Oh boy.

Clark shifted his position to look around, and they saw that Trask was lying in pool of his own blood, presumably dead, but who had shot him?
confused But it had been Trask’s gun that had exploded twice. Or did it literally explode?

Sheriff Harris, rubbing his jaw, was striding over to yell at Hank. “You shot Trask in cold blood, Hank,” he said, pulling Thomas’s rifle out of the man’s hands.
Ooooo-kay.

“He’s… was a representative of our government.
He was a psychopathic killer. Hmm…

Do you know much paperwork I’m going to have to fill out because of this?
laugh Couldn’t he delegate that to Darlene?

“I was doing your job,” rebutted Hank, then a thoughtful expression came over his face. “Sheriff Hank Jessup?” He nodded. “I could live with that.”
laugh He’s gonna get himself shot.

If she lived in this county, he’d have her vote for Sheriff.
Nah, I’d expect her to run for Sheriff.

“Why did he think you were Superman?” she asked.
Got his uniforms in my secret compartment back home.

“And he believed you?” Lois scoffed. “How certifiable can one man be?”
TEMPUS: I believed him, too. And I’m not in the Kansas State Asylum because I’m nuts.

Clark stared at her, his jaw hanging open as if in astonishment. “You’re not… mad, Lois?”
:rolleyes: Of course, she’s mad. She’s just also good at compartmentalization.

“What? Mad? You thought I believed him?” Lois laughed.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

You and Superman are worlds apart.”
Mudbrown. The Way-way-before.

Why would she be angry? Suddenly it clicked. “You’re right, Chuck, I am mad,” she announced, hitting his arm.
laugh

The last thing Superman would want is you dead because you impersonated him.”
Exactly, he already got a double for that one.

“You’re wro…” he started saying and then coughed.
Wise choice.

“Clark’s my distant cousin,” Jonathan announced, speaking up for the first time since the sheriff had arrived.
He’s his duplicate’s son, one dimension removed.

“You got ID?” Sheriff Harris asked Clark.
Kinda.

Sheriff Harris looked the documents over and handed them back. “Do you have a birth certificate?”
Back home.

“Who carries around a birth certificate with them?” Lois asked.
Soviets. Probably. It was a trick question to weasel out whether he’s a commie.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.