Still here, still reading, still LOVING it!
Sorry I've been away so long, classes have been crazy.

“You, stupid, stupid man, you’re not allowed to die.”

“I’m usually better at it,” he said roughly. “Today was a bad day.”
laugh
“Where does it hurt?”

Clark swallowed, staring up at her. “Everywhere.”
Oh, poor Clark. Not used to feeling pain frown
“You shot Trask in cold blood, Hank,” he said, pulling Thomas’s rifle out of the man’s hands. “He’s… was a representative of our government. Do you know much paperwork I’m going to have to fill out because of this? You know this will bring the feds to Smallville to tramp all over my jurisdiction, don’t you?”

“I was doing your job,” rebutted Hank, then a thoughtful expression came over his face. “Sheriff Hank Jessup?” He nodded. “I could live with that.”

“Not from jail, Hank. You’re under arrest,” Sheriff Harris said
Can someone gag the sheriff? He needs to stop talking. He's so annoying.
“Please. You two may both have brown hair, and brown eyes, and be roughly the height, Chuck, but so is Thomas, and Jimmy, and neither of them are Superman either. You and Superman are worlds apart.” Then realizing what she said, added, “Pun intended.”
Hmmm... not as apart as you may think
“Clark’s my distant cousin,” Jonathan announced, speaking up for the first time since the sheriff had arrived. “I asked him to help out at the farm after my accident. I figured if everyone in town thought he was a drifter named Jerome, he could come and go as he pleased without being the center of gossip. I didn’t want people to talk, which I knew they would if another Kent suddenly arrived in town.” He set a hand on his wife’s hand. “I’m sorry, Martha,” he said with heartfelt remorse. “I know you asked me not to…” His voice faded as he left that apology unfinished. He turned back to the sheriff. “I didn’t even tell Martha. I didn’t want her to know how much trouble the farm was in.”
Nice save.
“It doesn’t matter, how. He’s under arrest and he’s going to stay that way until the judge in Lawrence can see him tomorrow morning for his arraignment,” the sheriff said.

“Please, get me out of here!” Jimmy yelled from the back of the patrol car.
Oh no, how long are they going to keep him out there? frown
Martha nodded. “I put it in the back corner of his stall and covered it with wood shavings and manure. Trust me, nobody will come near it.”
Eww. But good plan
“You’re officially family now, so he’ll defend you to the death, whether you want him to or not.”
smile
“Oh, you’re in for a world of fun. I have some aloe in the house. You can have Lois rub your shoulder and sore muscles before bed,” Martha suggested. “Maybe give you a back massage.”

“In my dreams,” he murmured.
hehehe
“Anyway, this is probably the only chance I’ll get to see that handsome body of yours uncovered.”

“Maaaaa - rtha!” Clark gasped, his eyes wide.

She laughed. “I’m only joking, Jerome.” She nudged him with her hip. “Trust me, that uniform of yours doesn’t leave much to the imagination.”

Clark turned ten shades of red as he stammered to find a response and came up short.

“Don’t worry, honey. Isn’t that why you designed it that way? To keep people from looking at your handsome face,” she said, patting his cheek and turning towards Jonathan to tell him where they were off to.

Clark just stared at Martha Kent. That other Lois had said her Clark’s mom had made his suit for him. If so, was that her intent? Apparently so. He gulped. Sometimes moms should just be moms. When they acted like women, it was just too weird.
rotflol
Even though Sheriff Harris had remembered to recite to Jimmy his Miranda rights, for the most part, and handcuff him, the man had never taken the time to frisk him or even take away his camera bag. Bonehead. The man was the antithesis of smooth.
smile
“FBI. We’re taking over,” one of the men informed Jacobs.

Then the FBI went straight to work. The men scoured the yard, picking up weapons, chains, and even that bent piece of metal CK had wrapped around Trask, without using one evidence marker tag or having one guy photographing the scene. Jimmy knew something wasn’t right. They weren’t following crime scene procedure. One thing he had learned about the FBI, since starting working at the Daily Planet, they liked to follow the letter of the law more than the local cops did. They seemed to live for filling out paperwork.

It wasn’t until they cut off the ropes of the other prisoner, put some plastic bands around his wrists and pushed him into the backseat of the SUV that Jacobs started to protest.
That's not the FBI! It's probably Bureau 39!
“That’s bull tranquilizer, and I’ve got more where that came from,” Mrs. Kent called, reloading her gun. “Now, get off our property!”
laugh
“Okay, I’m starting to ramble, and you really should say something now. And don’t you even try that old excuse that you couldn’t get a word in edgewise.” She continued to rub his hand with her thumb.

Clark remained silent.
He's going to be asleep...
His eyes were closed and he was breathing deeply.

She pressed her lips together. “Good going there, Lane. Pour your heart out to the Great Snorini,” she grumbled.
Think of it as practice. Now you know what you want and don't want to say. smile