After making their official statements regarding what had happened with Bureau 39 and Trask at both the Irig and Kent farms, as well as her stealing one of their trucks, arguing with Sheriff Harris why he should release Jimmy to no avail, eating dinner, getting the local Smallville Post to develop Jimmy’s several rolls of film and send the photos over the wire service to the Daily Planet, telephoning Perry regarding their story and Jimmy’s scoop, and finally writing up their story, it was late into the night by the time Lois hit the save key.
Lois and Clark have had a very busy day.

She and Clark had sat on couch in the living room, where he had slept the night before, while they worked on the story.
A setting that he is already inclined to sleep in.

“Now, the story is written and everyone else has gone off home or to bed, you can tell me everything.” She leaned up against his shoulder.
Clark: I am in bed too.

Clark didn’t say anything.
Probably a smart move. It is not like she will believe him if he tells her the truth. Not while he is still not Super at least.

Lois ran her hand down his arm and tucked her fingers around his.
smile1 His presence distracts her so much that she is not even checking to see if he is awake.

“You can trust me. Whatever it is that you’re afraid to tell me, I promise not to freak out, or get angry.
Clark: You say this now. I don't believe you will have that much control when I tell you. I also don;t think you will believe me.

Please, just don’t keep me in the dark anymore.”
Well at least Lois realizes that she cannot uncover the truth.

She ran her thumb over the back of his hand.
smile1 smile1 clap dance Lois admits to herself that Lex treated her like a prostitute. No "to protect me" moderators. party She is seeing the truth. Why ever Clark is not responding, it is the best reasoned out move possible.

John Pack Lambert