Mrs. Kent reassured him that CK had called Perry on his behalf, mortification galore, and that Lois was still trying to convince Sheriff Harris to let him go on his own recognizance. No such luck.
Well, at least this way Jimmy will not be yelled at for not getting enough pictures, at least we hope he won't be yelled at for this.

Temporary amnesia, very convenient and very fishy, according to Lois.
Will she be as suspicious if Clark develops temporary amnesia after Superman vanishes on an encounter with an asteriod.

Why would Trask require such devotion from the members of Bureau 39, when Superman had been the first visitor from another planet to come to Earth? Or had there been others, which Trask had wiped out of existence, whom nobody knew about?
Quite possibly yes. Hopefully they will get the deep good on Bureau 39.

Just talking about the possibilities of this had made Lois shiver.
Trask would clearly have assumed hostility on the part of all visitors.

Jimmy had never seen Lois scared about anything in his life. They may have cut off the head of the Bureau 39 snake, but it didn’t mean that two more wouldn’t grow to take his place.
At least the Kent's have gotten control of all known glowing-green rock.

Clark: I think we have managed to avoid even hinting to Lois that there is something that can hurt Superman. We can only hope she does not mention in the final report that something could hurt Superman. That would be most distressing.

and Lois and CK took their rental
Clark: I like the sound of this, our rental.

Lois: I am still waiting for the full truth.

how Trask eventually escaped despite CK somehow having bent that metal bar around Trask’s torso. Jimmy bet it was a doozy of a story. Most likely, CK feared that his family was in danger from Trask and had an adrenaline rush.
Clark: It was an "adrenaline rush". I think that works.

Jimmy would probably have to wait until their story hit the Daily Planet though, with his luck.
Clark: Well, you will not get details of the "adrenaline rush" there.

He had been able to sneak Lois his roll of film from the Irig property while he was talking to her earlier.
smile1 Jimmy's photos will be published.

A minute later, two black SUVs pulled into the yard.
The men in black to make sure any knowledge of UFOs is denied?

Jimmy ducked lower and pulled his camera out of the bag. He put in a new roll of film and started taking pictures. Since he hadn’t been able to photograph the crime, or the crime scene, he’d at least get photos of the feds taking charge.
These may be useful later on.

Anything to embarrass this idiot sheriff would please Jimmy immensely. Maybe he’d be lucky and the agents would insist that the sheriff drop the charges against him, though he wasn’t holding his breath.
Who called in the feds?

“FBI. We’re taking over,” one of the men informed Jacobs.
On what grounds? hasn't the government distanced itself from Bureau 39. The crimes here were all in one jurisdiction, no federal case that I can see.

The men scoured the yard, picking up weapons, chains, and even that bent piece of metal CK had wrapped around Trask, without using one evidence marker tag or having one guy photographing the scene.
Oh no, is this Bureau 39 trying to remove evidence?

It wasn’t until they cut off the ropes of the other prisoner, put some plastic bands around his wrists and pushed him into the backseat of the SUV that Jacobs started to protest.
Sounds like a Bureau 39 rescue and hide operation to me.

“That’s bull tranquilizer, and I’ve got more where that came from,” Mrs. Kent called, reloading her gun. “Now, get off our property!”
Why doen't Martha shot the lot of them and wait for real authorities to show up. I am thinking they may have some very interesting things in those vans, like maybe Superman's ship. Oh for missed opportunities.

A few minutes later the sheriff, Lois, and CK returned.
Very bad timing on their part. They missed thje chance to get more evidence.

John Pack Lambert