Originally Posted by groobie
"The Pearl" by John Steinbeck.

Why is this book famous?"

At this point, I will be forced to rely on the mom standby, "Because." laugh rotflol
I think the first line of your description answers that question. It was written by John Steinbeck. (Disclosure: I don't recall ever reading this book.)

Harry Potter & the Cursed Child by JK Rowling

A sequel to the Harry Potter book series that starts just where the seventh book of the series ended and deals with Harry's relationship (or lack thereof) with his second son, Albus.

Unlike the other books in the Harry Potter series, this is not a novel but in script format (as is Fantastic Beasts, I so hear). It's a quick read (I both received and finished it on Christmas day). The plot is interesting, but skips around forward and backwards in time... which only makes sense as so does the plot. I found it a good story, but owing to the troubled childhood of many of the characters I was left asking who was "The Cursed Child" from the title. I would have preferred a fleshed out novel, getting more in-depth into the characters' lives, I did enjoy it. I only wish it hadn't been so quick a read. I'd LOVE to see the play, too, and see how the magic is created on stage.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.