Superman: Secrets and Lies, Vol 2 - by Dan Jurgens, Jesus Merino, & Keith Giffen [Linked Image]

A story set in the New 52 universe. Clark is working at the Daily Planet, which apparently is owned by Morgan Edge (a man who cares more about being first, than being right -- no matter who it might hurt). Lois Lane works there too but, from what I can tell, does a tv show.

I didn't read the first volume; therefore, I was lost on some aspects of this universe. It seems as if Lois is older and wiser than Clark here and therefore, not a friendship of equals. She treats Clark more as a glorified assistant than a colleague. She also sets him up with her younger sister, Lucy (booooo, hisssss). Clark is also very unreliable as Clark, because of all that he does as Superman. As Superman, he battles an alien, Helspont, with very unclear motives. He wants to fight Superman for the right to be master of Superman and therefore Earth, but then set Superman up as the supreme being on Earth. huh Also, there was another alien captured and tortured by the Russians, who wanted him to be their Superman against his will. Clark has to decide if he should keep this alien here against his will to pay for his crimes, or let him return to his home dimension, since the alien was as much a victim in this scenario as those he killed.

While the artwork was clear and crisp, the storyline was all over the place, jumbled, and confusing.

The Death Cure (Maze Runner book III) by James Dasher

Thomas, Newt, Minho, Teresa, and the gang (those of which didn't die in Books 1 & 2) are back. WICKED claims they have a cure, but first they want to give everyone back their memories. Thomas and those from the Glade rebel.

I hoped that everything that confused me from books 1 & 2 would now be clear. Not really. The only hope for the future is one with no hope. Gee, thanks. Ditopia at its best. Disappointed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.