20. Execution of Innocence, by Christopher Pike

A popular but obnoxious young man has been found murdered, while another not-so-popular young man is missing. The prime suspects are the twin sister of the murdered boy and the girlfriend of the missing boy, who cheated on her boyfriend with the murdered boy.

One of the girls is the actual murderer, and the other is being framed by her. The story moves quickly and keeps the reader's attention, though there's a giant plot hole 2/3 of the way through the book and there's a scene where the framee handles the murder weapon with bare hands, only to have this clue go nowhere.

21. Known to Evil, by Walter Mosley

The is the second book in Mosley's Leonid McGill series. I wasn't overly familiar with the author, but I'd read one of the books in his Easy Rawlins series in the past, so when a friend gave me this book, I took it to rehearsal with me and read it backstage, going through it fairly quickly. It's a good, fast-paced novel, and the main character is engaging. It's a good whodunit, and kept me guessing until the end. I am definitely going to look for more books by this author.

22. Tiny Titans, Volume 1: Welcome to the Treehouse!

My 5-year-old niece sat down next to me last week and asked me to read this. She enjoys the superhero adventures, while I like the in-jokes that only a long-time comics fan would understand. Anyway, the Tiny Titans are all students at Sidekick Elementary and get into lots of super-powered elementary-age hijinks (think JL8, except not a webcomic, and using the Teen Titans instead of the JLA). It's pretty funny in parts, and the bad guys aren't so much evil as immature.

23. Superman Family, Volume 1

I bought this for my 5-year-old niece's birthday, and she immediately wanted me to read it to her. It's pretty good, and Lois Lane is in it quite a bit (no romance with Clark/Superman, but this book is aimed at the very young crowd). Some parts are hilarious, such as:

Lex Luthor becomes an intern at the Daily Planet to try to find out what Lois Lane knows about Superman. He winds up being outsmarted by Lois and Perry.

Solomon Grundy keeps sending the members of the Superman family flying into the Kent barn in Smallville, scattering the hay everywhere. After cleaning it up multiple times, Martha drags Solomon Grundy by the ear to the farm and makes him clean up the mess.

My 7-year-old niece, who usually thinks superheroes are boring, was listening as I read and swiped the book from her sister to read. She thinks Lois Lane is a cool character (but she also thinks Clark/Superman is dumb because he's a boy).

Since my niece likes Lois, I want to introduce her to the LnC show. Tell me something, FoLCs, do you think 7 is too young for the show?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland