"Hamilton: The Revolution" by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter

A hip-hop musical about America's first Secretary of the Treasury? Is this a joke? No! "Hamilton" is EVERYTHING!!!!!

My tickets are for the end of July. Waiting is torture. I listen to at least one song from it in my car every day. Seriously. It's brilliant. Go to Youtube right now and listen to "Wait For It" and "Burn", and it will shatter your preconceived notions. Then download the original cast album and become obsessed like the rest of us. Then cry that you can't get tickets on Broadway, but start checking to see if the tour will come anywhere near where you live or would like to visit.

And then read the book. Because it's the behind the scenes story of the musical that is everything, and you'll appreciate the genius of Lin-Manuel Miranda even more. Feel free to check out the reviews on Amazon...and then notice that it came out yesterday and is already out of stock (just like the Broadway tickets). Yes, a hip-hop musical is encouraging Americans to read! (Gasp!)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink