Break No Bones - by Kathy Reichs

Temperance Brennan is in Charleston, NC this time, uncovering a string of homeless people who had been murdered. Nothing tied the bodies together, since they were so badly decomposed, except for one small thing that only Tempe finds. All the while, she has to deal with current boyfriend and her estranged husband butting heads.

Another dark gruesome tale with all the gory details included. Strangely enough, this story takes place directly before the last book I read by her. LOL. Who knew? (This is one of those series where they never tell you which order the books come in.) Always interesting. Kathy Reichs knows how to capture the darkness in a psycho's heart.

Terminal - A Virals Series - by Kathy Reichs and Brendan Reichs

Continuing where the last book left off, Tory realizes that there's another group of Virals out there... and Chance is one of them. Not only do Tory, Ben, Sheldon, and Hi have to battle this rival Viral group, but they need to so while keeping away from the secret government agency that's hunting all of them down.

I kept feeling as if Kathy and Brendan kept forgetting that Tory is only 15 in this novel. They treat her as much older in a way I found creepy (in the way her age never stopped the other characters from acting the way they did). Also, having the covert government agency (reminiscent of B39, BTW) cross those same boundaries without pause shows that in some respects our country hasn't changed much in the past 20 years.

Superman: For Tomorrow - by Brian Azzarello, Jim Lee, and Scott Williams
[Linked Image]
While helping save Green Lantern off planet, thousands of people simply disappeared from all over Earth, including Lois Lane. It's called "The Vanishing". Clark has to deal with his guilt for not being there to protect Lois (and everyone else) all while stopping a civil war in Africa (I think) from escalating.

Again, I feel as if the whole story wasn't told within the confines of the book. I don't know if there's another book in this series, but it certainly felt incomplete. I want to know where Lois and all those people went and if Superman can save them, or if they just died and are gone forever. As much of the story is told third-person (from another character's POV), we don't see much or any of Clark, only Superman. Lois is never even named as the Superman's missing wife. A depressing story in which Superman loses his hope and almost seems worse off by the end.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/01/16 02:11 AM. Reason: No almost about it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.