9. The Last Vampire II: Black Blood, by Christopher Pike

Mary Sue Sita, the last vampire, continues her adventures. She made her high-school-age true love into a vampire at the end of the last book, then got staked through the heart. Obviously, though, it didn't kill her, since she's the main character of the sequel. Also, it turns out that she and Ray aren't the last vampires, since somebody is making cruel, vicious vampires in L.A. Sita must stop them, because they're a threat to humanity. As such, she and Ray go to L.A., where Ray promptly gets himself killed. At the end of this one, Sita is slowly dying while she makes an FBI agent into a vampire. Since there are approximately seven more books in the series, I'm guessing she gets over it again. (Seriously, the books are entertaining enough to keep reading them, but Sita is definitely a Mary Sue.)

10. Sooner or Later, by Elizabeth Adler

I just couldn't get into this book, and it took me months to finish it. A mentally ill serial killer stalks his relatives with vengeance and money on his mind.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland