Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs

Kathy's Reichs first novel introduces us to Temperance Brennan and the other co-starring characters in her series (including Andrew Ryan). Set in Montreal, Quebec, Tempe is the only one in the ME's office to believe a series of murders are related. She has to fight against the old boy's club of the Montreal PD to convince the detectives she's not seeking glory, only the truth. She has to break rules to find evidence that links the crimes. In her personal life, she battling an old friend who keeps dragging Tempe into the dark shadows of her life.

I enjoy Kathy Reichs plots, although I skim over much of the violence and gory aspects and ultra-scientific jargon. Nothing is ever happy in Tempe's world and having read a bunch of her novels over this summer, I doubt it ever will. Tempe often reminds me of Lois in her self-justification for her actions.

Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs

Back in Montreal, Quebec, Tempe, Ryan, and the MPD are racing against time to save the city from a motorcycle gang war which is plaguing the city and catching innocents in the crossfire. Once again, Tempe's personal life and professional life cross paths with bad results as her teenage nephew Kit is in town and, against her wishes and advice, embroils himself into the city's motorcycle culture.

It was interesting to see Kit (Tory's father from the Viral's series) as an angsty teenager. I'm curious when and how he turned into a nerdy marine biologist. There's no evidence of that man in this story. Having watched my share of crime dramas, the Andrew Ryan motivation for his story line was somewhat predictable.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/14/16 04:00 PM. Reason: More

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.