mrsMxyzptlk: Mrs. M! hyper Howdy, stranger. smile1

I feel rather stupid that this never occurred to me. I like this direction you're taking.
That was my thought too when I rewatched this episode to brush up for this story. How come that was never considered? What if the ADA had been male and Lois had been the star witness? Clark certainly would be bringing up the evident ethics violation and Lois would be denying that nothing wrong was going on. I can totally picture that. It's the same ethics violation of Lois both dating and reporting on Lex Luthor at the same time. If nothing else, it should give someone (Perry) pause.

Also, since it was Lois's uncle who's cafe was bombed, and Clark who was the witness to the bombing, could either one of them claim to be enough "unbiased" to write up said story in which they are intimately involved? Similarly, should Perry have let Lois write up the "death" of Metallo, since he had been her sister's jerk of a boyfriend? (Clark also was biased being that he was one kidnapped.) Alas, that would be for another story to delve into.

Glad to have you drop in. Thanks for your comments. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.