Part 2 - yay

“Mayson Drake, Assistant DA.
I knew it. As soon as Uncle Mike's cafe was mentioned...

Inwardly, Lois smiled. She loved Clark’s jokes. Outwardly, she frowned because that flirtation wasn’t being addressed to her, but to this blonde Assistant District Attorney.
lol Lois is so jealous. How did it take her so long to realise that she just wants Clark all to herself.

It wouldn’t be a day ending in Y if someone hadn’t threatened her.
rotflol

Oh, please. Clark was so going to see right through this woman’s come-on.

“Sure, of course,” he replied, his shoulders tilting back slightly as his spine straightened.

You’ve got to be kidding me, Clark. Lois thought sarcastically. Her?
Oh yeah. Clark is soooo interested in Mayson. Lois, you may as well give up the fight now.

Clark smiled, slipping the business card into his pants pocket. “No?”
*gasp* He's actually interested? Or maybe he's just teasing Lois. We know he likes to do that.

Clark couldn’t help the extra skip in his step.

Lois was jealous.

Completely, totally, and irrationally, jealous of Mayson Drake.
smile Yup. I love that Clark noticed this and is VERY happy about it.

His footsteps slowed.

Perhaps he had misread Lois’s reaction to their whole conversation with Mayson Drake. Maybe Lois was merely irked because Mayson was paying attention to him, instead of her. Lois did hate to be ignored.
No, no, Don't lose hope. You were right the first time round!

Maybe Clark should hang up this crush he had on his partner. She had told him, after all, that he was ‘always repeating himself’ and that he should ‘try something new’. Was that what she meant? Stop following her around like some lovesick puppy?
No. That's NOT what she meant. CLARK! Don't be stupid. Come on! I feel like slapping him around the head. He's just so humble and self-deprecating that he can never contemplate that a woman (Lois) might think he's the most wonderful man in the whole world.

Unfortunately, due to a meeting with her shadowy police source late the night before, Lois had been too preoccupied with this story to enter into a discussion with Clark about how important her partner was to her.
Okay, so my prediction of Lois telling Clark she has feeling for him going off without a hitch was ... completely waaay off.

She looked through the mesh on the door to see Mayson Drake, that hussy of a District Attorney and agent for Intergang, lean over and kiss Clark!

Her Clark!

On the lips!

Did Clark step away? No! He even closed his eyes.
NOOOOOO. What!!!!!! Clark would never close his eyes and allow himself to enjoy a kiss from anyone other than Lois. What happened?

She needed to find a way to enlighten Clark on the stupidity of his ways.
Sounds good.

Except. I don't think Clark is actually being as stupid as she thinks ... so whatever she tries to do ... probably won't work ... and she'll be even more upset!

Hadn’t it been her idea that he move on? Hadn’t Lois wanted him to try something new?
No. That wasn't what she meant ... the 'new' thing you're supposed to try ... it's her ... it's LOIS!

“One last thing…”

“Uh-huh,” Clark asked, leaning forward. He was on the edge of his seat.

“Didn’t this meal come with dessert?”
lol Spot on for Bobby!

Loved it. Can't wait for the final part.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."