Oh, I love this chapter! party

I agree you nailed the characters.

Mayson is a delicious addition to the mix. And definitely pushing Lois's buttons.

Both Lois and Clark coming to the wrong conclusions about each other is priceless, in character and funny.

“She could be disbarred for trying to influence the testimony of a witness if it comes out that you two have become involved, especially during the trial. If not disbarred, then her professional reputation would be in tatters. If you like Mayson…” Bobby pointed his fork at Clark. “And even more so, since you’re in love with Lois, keep your lips away from Mayson Drake’s. The case could be thrown out on the technicality that the DA was dating her star witness, alone. Lois would never forgive you if you did that to her uncle. Even though I’ve got to say, you couldn’t have picked someone who would rub Lois more raw: blonde and a lawyer!” He chuckled.

I think this is my favorite paragraph. Although Clark's reaction is a very close second! Bobby explaining things to Clark so clearly and succinctly while using both legal and personal arguments is perfect! clap

Looking forward to Part 3.