hyper
A blonde woman dressed in a suit, which Lois had to admit was nicer than hers, held out a hand to Clark.
MAYSON: Of course an ADA has to dress better than the ladies of the night she’s prosecuting.

The man who Superman had captured earlier was still yelling threats at Lois as he was dragged down the hall of the police precinct.
He does realize that this is Lois we’re talking about here, right?
LOIS: He’s feeble attempts at threatening me are adorable, don’t you agree, Clark?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

. Outwardly, she frowned because that flirtation wasn’t being addressed to her, but to this blonde Assistant District Attorney.
I wonder if she’d be less catty where the blonde ADA merely a blonde DA.
LOIS: [Linked Image] She’d already be well into her forties by then, so yeah, that would be preferred.
CLARK: Me flirting with a significantly older woman who likes to date outside her non-creepy dating pool?

“Thanks. But they’re going to have to do a lot better than that to get me to pull out,” Uncle Mike replied.
Goes to show that Lanes aren’t quitters! Lois agreed silently with a nod of her head.
That’s why she stayed with Lex for so long?
LOIS: Wrong Lois.

Apparently, Mayson Drake was the only person in Metropolis who hadn’t heard of Lois.
Let me introduce you. Lois Lane, Mayson Drake. Mayson Drake, this is the other woman.

“And I just wanted to say about their response time, I’ve seen maple drip faster.”
Okay, don’t read that last bit while you’re tired and prone to yawn. ‘p’s go missing. ‘d’s turn into ‘s’ and ‘t’. It just gets weird.

Ms. Drake turned away from Lois, completely uninterested. Typical blonde.
MAYSON: I’ve been into guys ever since my senior year of college. Brunettes dressed for business are just not my type.

If it had been Clark who had complained about the response time of the police, the ADA would be all ears… not that she wasn’t already.
Well…he’s obviously a very rare specimen in need of protection.
CLARK: I’m a very patient man. Why should I carry protection?

Ms. Drake batted her eyelashes in Clark’s direction and purred, “With your help.”
CLARK: huh How did she figure out I’m Superman and can dangle crooks off rooftops until they still their guts.
DILLINGER: That was because of the fake-butter-soaked popcorn, not because of him dangling me.

Oh, please. Clark was so going to see right through this woman’s come-on.
“Sure, of course,” he replied, his shoulders tilting back slightly as his spine straightened.
Apparently he did recognize her come-on.

You’ve got to be kidding me, Clark? Lois thought sarcastically. Her?
CLARK: What? She’s got her taxi-light on, which means she’s available for a ride.

“Yeah, he seems to be a fountain of epithets,” Lois mumbled.
Clark actually glanced at her with a ‘hush’ expression.
CLARK: The nice blonde woman was speaking to me.

“Lovely imagery,” Lois murmured under her breath.
She’s just saying that because that’s what the Prankster did with her last week.

. And if you need to reach me in off hours, my home phone’s on the back.”
Lois rolled her eyes. “Subtle.”
What? He might want to ask her out on a date or something. I think it’s considerate that Mayson didn’t make him stalk her at the courthouse.

“We’ll be in touch, Ms. Snake.
evil

. You know darn well that her name is Mayson Drake.”
My description fit better. “Oh, was it? My mistake,” Lois said.
Isn’t a Chinese dragon often described as a feathered serpent? So, yes, I believe that was an honest mistake by Lois.

. That woman was throwing herself at you. Highly unprofessional, if you ask me.
HOOKER waiting for her booking: I thought it was highly professional.

. We should check and make sure she doesn’t have complaints against her.
From jealous wives?

If Baby Rage gets out on a technicality, it’s my uncle’s restaurant which will pay the price.”
MARTIN SNELL: My client was obviously set up by ADA Drake and her boytoy over there.

Lois snidely returned. “You’d be better off yelling ‘help Superman!’
confused But Superman wouldn’t be showing Clark a good time while he’s with him.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image]

. Or better yet, call me.
Because she’d also be happy to show him a good time?

and I owe you a sleepover after Griffin scared… er… threatened me last week.
clap
LOIS: Why did the ER skip the karate-bit? [Linked Image]

Good God! Lois was putting ideas into her partner’s head.
rotflol
CLARK: I think I’ll ask Lois to be my best man at the wedding. After all, she set this up and Jimmy would just rent a dozen strippers.
JIMMY: I can’t afford a dozen.

“No. Now, let’s go investigate who’s causing this slowdown on the Southside.”
Maybe the city pulled the law enforcement resources over into the better neighborhoods with the taxpaying and donating voters?

Completely, totally, and irrationally, jealous of Mayson Drake.
3 out of 4 isn’t too bad, is it?

Although, he had to admit the lawyer had rubbed Lois raw by intentionally implying that Lois wasn’t important enough to address, but still…
MAYSON: What? The woman is just a gossip monger.

Perhaps that meant something. Had Lois finally noticed that her partner was a man? A man other women found attractive?
Nah, she just doesn’t want to be partnered with a stooge.

A man who could come to her in his hour of need?
Like a little brother, huh?

His brow furrowed as he frowned. Was that what she thought of him? That he couldn’t take care of himself? He could.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois could also be worried that she could lose her one chance to reciprocate and put their relationship back on more even footing, because he might call Mayson Drake instead of Lois should trouble with Baby Rage’s gang occur.
He’s kind of elaborate in his paranoia, isn’t he?

He doubted that she was jealous of any of those women
LOIS: [Linked Image]

. It wasn’t as if she had ever shown any interest in him anyway.
Doesn’t mean she has to like it if her drip of a partner gets the tripper from sleeping with every willing woman who flaunts it his way.

Clark had opened his heart to her the previous spring and she had declined, and not very kindly, he might add.
To be fair, she was to be engaged to a very wealthy man and also had her eyes set on a torrid affair with the local vigilante.

Well, the average Joe side of him. The Super side of him would be accepted in seconds flat.
Aww…he’s jealous. Again.

Maybe Clark should hang up this crush he had on his partner. She had told him, after all, that he was ‘always repeating himself’ and that he should ‘try something new’.
evil
LOIS: What does he mean by ‘Galactically Stupid’?

Was that what she meant? Stop following her around like some lovesick puppy?
She did tell him not to fall for her. She doesn’t have the time.
H.G.Wells: wave

Unfortunately, love wasn’t something he could turn on and off.
That’s what I had Revenge developed for.

Lois had been too preoccupied with this story to enter into a discussion with Clark about how important her partner was to her.
evil

shot her before she could tell Clark about her true feelings for him, she would just die.
Yeah, can you imagine, her being covered in yellow paint when she tells him that she loves him?

Lois stepped up to Clark’s front door, only to notice movement inside.
Ooooh, look! Clark’s home. And he’s brought a squeeze with him.

Did Clark step away? No! He even closed his eyes.
CLARK: Puppies. Flowers. Rainbow. Please, just make it stop!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.