How… How… How… ? The big lug. He was supposed to fall for her!
CUPID: Oops?

She bet he had been hoping for some more kissy-face with that… that… lawyer.
So, it goes ‘slut’ and then ‘laywer’?

She bet he was surprised to find out his newest squeeze wanted his partner dead.
Well…that’s just honest competition. All’s fair in love and war, isn’t it?

Clark had never said what he would do.
Call his newest squeeze and ask her to back off?

After leaving her uncle’s café, Lois did something she usually didn’t do. She stopped by a bar for a drink, and not just a glass of wine.
/points at the one with the Bachelor Auction/ Hmm…there’s also quite a few fics where Lois gets drunk. Intentionally. And then has intimate relations with her partner. Unintentionally, or so she later claims.

A real drink. A drink of hard alcohol.
[Linked Image]

She only had one, because she knew how alcohol could ruin someone’s life.
[Linked Image]

She did it to have something in her hand as she thought, and the Fudge Castle was already closed for the night.
How drunken binges start…

Every time she thought he was superior example of man, he would do something stupid like kiss Mayson Drake and prove her wrong.
To be fair, all the other girls (sic) also think that he’s a superior example of man flesh (sic).

She hated being proved wrong.
Yet another reason to hate his girlfriends, huh?

Lois could also imagine what her life would be like if she continued to allow her partner to make lunkheaded mistakes.
[Linked Image]

She needed to find a way to enlighten Clark on the stupidity of his ways.
TEMPUS: Now playing in a movie theater near you…
[Linked Image]

There was one way that would surely get Clark’s attention.
[Linked Image] ?

It would have to be a last resort, though; after she had exhausted all other avenues.
Huh?

. If she allowed Clark to continue with his flirtation with Mayson Drake, all could be lost.
In case he knocks her up?

She would visit the new CostMart store on her way into work the next morning, before she lost her nerve.
To prove Mayson is in bed with Bill Church?

“Clark, she’s dirty!” Lois insisted.
So, he should take Mayson into the shower?

“You don’t have any proof on Snell and you’re willing to go after him,” Lois retorted instead of showing him any proof.
Duh! He’s a guy. Clark’s a guy. No attraction lost there.

Giddy? His heart lifted. “Are you jealous?” he asked hopefully.
clap

Whatever he did? He raised his brows. Mayson was a what, in Lois’s opinion.
rotflol She did not say he was doing a human.
CLARK: The ER thinks my girlfriend’s a sexbot?

What did she think he had been doing with Mayson?
Drawing diagrams?

“How is it affecting our job when I say ‘I disagree’?” Clark asked, knowing the answer already.
[Linked Image]

Lois hated it when he didn’t agree with her.
LOIS: That’s because I prefer to work with people who are right instead of wrong.

She moved around the conference table to jab him in the chest. “You’re saying ‘stay away from my girlfriend’.”
Isn’t it funny how it’s the same situation as it was back when with Lex, only then it was Lois jumping into the bed with the morally-challenged.

He could sense her jealousy with every word, but what he couldn’t do was understand it. Hadn’t it been her idea that he move on?
/points at The Pact by KatherineKent/

If she wasn’t so blind, she would see that he could never love, never seriously date anyone other than her.
LOIS: huh

He was doing what she told him to do and still she wasn’t happy.
Well, there’s various tropes in regard to this. One has to do with passive-aggressive behavior. The other with a 28-day cycle.

He couldn’t afford, literally, to have Lois anger their best source by stealing his payment.
rotflol
LOIS: [Linked Image]

“Kent, I swear one of these days I’m going to figure out the name of your secret restaurant and where’s it’s hidden.”
Maybe Bobby could start by nixing all the locations that would not be it.
BOBBY: Let’s see…Lois’s kitchen would be number one…

“This food is better…” He lowered his voice. “Than my mama’s. You’ve gotta tell me.”
eek
LOIS & CLARK’s kids: So? We can say the same thing about basically anything that not toxic waste.

He aimed to please.
Anyone but Lois, apparently.
CLARK: That’s not true. I’d love to please Lois but she isn’t interested. She just asks me to get her a new pack of batteries. Must be all those Ivory Tower marathons she’s always having.

Between chews, he said, “You’ve got to stop dating that ADA Drake woman.”
thud

He hated being wrong about people, especially people he liked… as friends and friends only.
Plus, he doesn’t like the taste of crow. That one time when he yawned while flying back from an all-nighter that been enough to last him a lifetime.

“God, no!” Bobby gasped. “Nah. She’s clean,
So, no STDs?

, even if she has bad taste…” He shoveled another bite into his mouth.
Clark wondered why Bobby was insulting him.
“…in employers,” Bobby finished.
rotflol

Was Bobby about to tell Clark that Lois was secretly in love with him?
[Linked Image]

If not disbarred, then her professional reputation would be in tatters.
Like in “What’s the difference between a college co-ed and an ADA?”
MAYSON: confused I’m not a college co-ed. I have a law degree.

The case could be thrown out on the technicality that the DA was dating her star witness, alone. Lois would never forgive you if you did that to her uncle.
Oooh! That would be a great cover for Mayson. All she has to do is work to the best of her abilities, but sleep with the state’s star witnesses.

. “The only people who don’t know about it are Mayson Drake and Lois, herself.”
clap

“One last thing…”
“Uh-huh,” Clark asked, leaning forward. He was on the edge of his seat.
“Didn’t this meal come with dessert?”
rotflol

That was a very entertaining mid-part. And now, for the grand finale!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.