Wow, great thread!

I remember the first time I heard of anybody (it was Annie actually) being THAT closeted about it. I was truly amazed, it makes me laugh to know that Jordan still doesn't know what to think of me wink

It's funny, before I finally de-lurked, I was a closeted to you all as a reader for almost 2 years...... but most anybody that knows me in RL, knows that I'm a huge superman fan, folc & fanfic reader. I have said that one of the benifits of my getting older is that you can admit your obbsessions, and not care what people think. So now mostly, I just try to stop droning on about it all BEFORE my friends get too glassy eyed! :rolleyes:

I have received a variety of reactions over the years to being a folc. Some have just nodded their head (thinking, well this does NOT surprise me about her <g>), some have truly NOT gotten it, and others can't figure out how I can considered anybody I have only chatted with online to be a freind eek I have one very close freind who is really great..... he not only endures me relating all my folc news, but I recap (in pretty significant detail) of whatever fabulous story I'm currently reading or have just read! laugh I have to say tho, that one of the great advantages to being "out" about my folcdom is that I have been given some terrific prizes my friends have found out thrift shopping and garage saleing. What a terrific bonus clap

I voted in the second half of the poll not because I write, but because it wouldn't let me vote at all without voting there too. But I really don't know how out I would be about my writing. confused I totally understand how personal your work is when you write, and am not sure I would ever tell anybody that I had written fanfic. Heck, I'm not even sure I would even tell all of you!!! dizzy

S (who is really glad that she finally came out to all of you jump )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'