I’m still pretty much in the closet. Only a few people know about my online activities. I’ve told my brother, although I doubt he still remembers everything I told him. <g> My best friend knows, and maybe one day she’ll even read what I write. I know she’d love to, but I’m still not sure I should let her read it. Then some other friend know I’m Folc as well, but most people don’t know I’m writing fanfic. It just never came up in conversations.

My parents do not know much about it. For quite some time I thought they wouldn’t understand it at all and would think everyone was a murderer or something like that. Gradually, I’m telling them about it. Right now, they know I read the stories and already think I’m crazy (well, nothing new about that! laugh ). They also know I chat a lot and have friends all over the world. They just don’t know about the LnC connection with that yet. They really don’t understand my obsession with it. But they approve of me having friends abroad I haven’t even met. And that’s a good thing, since it’s hard to hide if you get gifts from them. wink

But that’s only very recent. Half a year ago, I met up with some folcs and I had to lie to leave the house. It got rather interesting since one of them stayed a few days at our house too. Now that worked out fine and since then I’ve told my parents more, since they must have been wondering what the heck I always did up my room.

Another fun moment was during the Alt Kerths. I got pretty stressed that last week trying to organize the whole thing. Especially since I also had exams that week. Needless to say, my exams didn’t go well. But explaining why it went so bad while I had spend so many hours ‘studying’ at my room was difficult. Luckily, I still passed all my classes, so it wasn’t a problem in the end. Except for the morning after the AK’s… or Kerts even. I was ready to go back to bed about two hours after I got up. <g> And really, that’s not me! It wasn’t like I could say ‘sorry Mom, but I had some online award ceremony last night and I only went to bed around 4am.’

Lately I do tell people more and more. And most of my friends are okay with it. Can’t say I’m any weirder than them, since they love other shows as much I do with LnC. But it certainly makes life a lot easier if I don’t have to be careful with what I’m saying.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!