"But I've given this a lot of thought," "and I realize instead of dancing around my feelings for you, I have to meet them head on and verbalize my emotions."

I cringe every time I hear this dialogue. :rolleyes:

My greatest pet peeve is WHALTTA.

Ok, I get that Clark want to be sure that Lois loves him for himself. But she has shown that she is interested in him romantically. So you would think it would be a good idea to tell her what she is buying into. By asking her to marry him without knowing him, he shows appalling disregard for her feelings.
I can only interpret it as a test. Lois must show that she is truly serious about him. But what is his plan afterwards? He can't possible hold her to her presumed Yes when it turns out she doesn't know who he is, that he has deceived her for years?

If you start by humiliating your intended and showing so little trust you really deserve to be smacked around silly.
But not only does Clark lack any contrition he gets HUFFY when Lois asks for some time to reconcile his dual identity. WTF is wrong with him?
It's so out of character and so unbelievable that it is almost funny. I don't think have read a fanfic that has handled the subject worse.

Also the revelation and its consequences is a major story arch with a immense payoff. But it's virtually ignored for some reason.

Now if they had milked that for five episodes instead of Clois and her amnesia.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...