Hey, how did I miss this one?

The scene which always makes me cringe and want to throw something at the TV is when Superman 'helpfully' :rolleyes: turns on the fire hydrant for the kids, so that water gushes out all over the place.

As many of you know, hubby is a firefighter. And every darn summer, firefighters lives are made hell by children turning on fire hydrants to cool themselves down. It's dangerous, it lowers water pressure, leads to a high possibility that when firefighters actually need that water during an emergency it won't be there for them, and they get verbal and physical abuse from parents who don't want them 'spoiling the kid's fun' when they come back twenty times in the same day to the same fire hydrant to turn it off.

On more than one occasion, thanks to this practice, there's not been enough water pressure in the local area to make tea at the station, let alone deal with any fire that happens along!

So every time Superman does this idiotic, reckless and stupid thing, I want to smack him upside the head with a two by four on behalf of all long-suffering firefighters. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers