Just had an interesting thought come up, and was discussing with Bob; it occurred to me to have some other people test things in actual e-book readers (this excludes Stanza Desktop, as well as the Firefox add-in).

If you have an e-book reader of some sort that handles epubs natively (Nook or iPad or whatever else out there; Kindle being the big exception), would you download a copy of Nan's fic Teamwork as epub and test it out? I'd like to hear what the TOC navigation experience is like. Can you hit the top of the fic by going to the title, above all the chapters, or does it only let you go to the second layer of the TOC and just choose a chapter to go to? I only have the Astak, you see, which is very limited in TOC navigation, and I'm wondering if the others are as limited, or whether they have other options.

(The Astak, to note, is not a touchscreen device--it uses E-ink--and only has the numbers 0-9 as input options, plus a select and a quit button. It also is limited to 8 options per screen before having to "turn the page", meaning more than eight chapters in a fic, and one has to flip the page just to see the ninth chapter to select . . .)

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.