Well, I am definitely stuck when it comes to deciding chapter breaks. Obviously if it were posted on the mbs, it's simple; just see where the author broke up the parts, and do the same, even if you have to insert a "Part Four" where there isn't a scene break. *g* That way we can be said to be following their very wishes in that respect.

But what do we do with the stories that *weren't* posted on the mbs anywhere? About what size would you break it into two parts? As soon as it hits 30 kb? 40 kb? Or wait till larger? (Obviously, a fic of 200 kb, for instance, needs to be split in places--the question is simply how many and where.) About how long should a chapter be? And if there are frequent scene breaks, what sort of break should we choose to end a chapter on?

If I should be starting a new thread for this, let me know. smile But I think this needs to be answered so we can do the best job possible. Authors, what guidelines would you prefer if you hadn't posted it on the mbs at all? Anyone have any thoughts on this? smile

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.