Does anyone else have any problems with large files? While it is the largest, it certainly isn't the only one that might have issues... There's several others on the 'really really long' list...
Kinda like Masques? *g* I know there are others longer now, but that one was THE long one for so long it always comes to mind. laugh (You're immortalized in memory, Labby. *g*)

As for getting files to load faster, splitting the internal XHTML sections is the key. Many conversion programs can be told to automatically split it every so many kb, but you want to split at chapter sections, really. Short chapters will load much more quickly. (And they mean short in terms of book length chapters, which is longer even than I've been splitting here.) So as I'm converting the epubs, I split at every chapter so each chapter is a separate XHTML file. The reader won't see it to know it's not all one file--the epub structure is *designed* as a zip containing the XHTML files, images, and even embedded fonts (I don't think we need to mess with those for this purpose, lol)--but it'll load faster than if it were automatically converted to an epub with a single large XHTML file inside.

So anything I create *should* load fairly quickly (though sheer file size will have an effect--a 2 mb epub will take longer to load than a 20 kb one), but let me know if you have problems with it.

(And I've gotten started on your fics now, Carol. Glad you're excited! I'll upload them all when I finish them.)

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.