Oh, Sigil is so easy to use that I wouldn't want to do it in an auto-conversion format (Calibre has turned out very questionable contents--very little TOC recognition overall, too). Sounds like Stanza doesn't always recognize the Chapter markers, whereas I can name a chapter anything I feel like (granted, in fanfic, it'll always be Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc. unless the author had fancy names for each part), and just apply a heading format (H1, H2, H3, etc.--H1 is usually for titles, H2 for author, H3 for chapters, and H4-H6 for subheadings if needed). Sigil automatically recognizes those, and I can go into a TOC editor (a simple dialog box showing the list of chapters) and uncheck any I don't want as sections to jump to.

In the last three days since I started using it, I've created epubs out of two children's books (they required extensive editing to fix scanning errors, basically entailing re-reading them), and today, when I didn't need to do major editing beyond replacements, I created epubs out of one book, two poems, and a short story, in between all the cooking I've been doing. That one book only required a simple scan for each chapter marker, insert chapter break, highlight title and mark heading, and go to the next chapter to get a TOC formatted nicely. Very little work and produces an excellent result. So I could create tons of epubs that way, if the Archive would want to host them. I'll probably create a good lot *anyway* since I want to be able to re-read all my favorites off-computer (and I have a LOT of favorites!).

And aside from fixing the line break issue (which I can't thank Bethy enough for), my real question was indeed whether an epub option on the Archive (kind of like the audiofic option, perhaps?) is something that might be done. It would appear that there are a few of us willing to create these epubs and format them nicely for the Archive, which only leaves the question of whether the Archive would want to store them. Obviously there would need to be some new coding to fit them in, so that creates more work for people . . . I think it would be worth it, though, since more and more of us have e-book readers which read epubs, and computer screens are so bad for the eyes if you want to sit there for hours glued to those addicting epics. laugh (Forget printing them out for real; I would still love to be able to hold some of them as books in my hands, but until I get equipment to do my own print-on-demand stuff, which will probably happen the day pigs learn to fly since that takes a lot of money I don't have, that isn't a realistic dream.)

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.