Doranwen wrote:

I'm holding off on uploading more until I figure out what to do about the filenames. ... it occurred to me that the Archive seems to sort them out by year, which means theoretically some stories have identical filenames, they're just in different folders. In the interests of saving her any MORE editing work (can't have duplicate names!), I figure I'd better get that sorted out before uploading a ton.
Fear not! All story filenames in the archive are unique. I make a pass through the filename catalogs every week to make sure each new story filename is not already in use. (If anyone notices a filename that is used more than once -- which would most likely be the result of me messing up placing a story in alphabetical order in the filename catalogs -- please let me know!)

bobbart wrote:

I hope I can be forgiven a little for loading SkyFall first. [Embarrassed] I wanted to see how a large multi-chapter story would work.
Sounds perfectly acceptable to me. Your table of contents page looks great. smile

I'd like to go faster but time is a precious commodity these days.
Understood. We're grateful for any you and Doranwen convert.

bobbart wrote:

Doranwen, could you mail me the process you are using to convert the files. My first two attempts don't look nearly as nice as yours.
I thought "When the Sky Falls" looked good, bobbart. It had the Stanza-type intro, though, which places the title by itself on the first page, with a few blank pages interspersed here and there. That happens to me too making epubs with Stanza. Not onerous. The epubs I tried with Sigil didn't do that, though. They looked a little more polished, more like Doranwen's, whose epubs are amazing.

All you FoLCs hooked on your ebook readers are in for a treat! I don't see any reason why we can't open it up soon. Doranwen and bobbart rock!

Lauren