Originally posted by TOC:
(This is why I can't read Nan's Home series, where Clark is married to a woman named Lori who is apparently a reincarnation of Lois. To me, however, the name Lori is inseparably connected with Lori Lemaris the mermaid and Clark's potential unfaithfulness to Lois with Lori, and seeing him married to a woman named Lori after the "real" Lois is dead is more than I can take.) Ann
So if Nan had not used Lori but Sharon or Teri or Lisa or Helen you could read and enjoy the series?

Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
This sounds like Clark's reaction to his wife's sudden and violent death at the end of "The Road Taken" should have been to sweep Lois into his arms, kiss her senseless, proclaim his eternal love for her, and remark that his love for Lana pales in comparison to his love for Lois. Then she says "Okay, when's the wedding?"
Terry,

Is this why you are so bothered by Carol's POV? Because by her standard your story isn't L&C?

For the record I loved that story. I felt it was the best Lana I'd ever read. I wish the Smallville folks would have read it and learned from it. But I do read Smallville stuff and some comic based stuff and MovieVerse stuff.

But Terry, if we apply the following POV

Originally posted by KSaraSara:
“Any of the characters” means that I could write a completely Perry-centric story, with Lois and Clark as minor players, or even have L&C not in it at all. But my story has to be about L&C Perry with the characteristics that we saw on the show, the history, that sort of thing – a gruff man with a southern drawl who loves Elvis and whose marriage with Alice is on the rocks.
"The Road Taken" is not a L&C story. The Clark in the story was only somewhat like "our", your Lana had only a hint of the L&C Lana and Lois, your Lois was the most like our "Lois", but still wasn't our Lois.

It was a delightful story, as I said at the time it first appeared, and I look forward to the sequel. I think after the trauma you put Clark and Lois through that it will only be after decades of angst, if ever, that he could allow himself to feel love for Lois. I am looking forward to a nice long adventure story where Lois & Clark learn to work together and become in time friends. I figure you've got at least four or five stories to write before you can let them them love each other.

Framework4