have just returned and have read all these posts at once.

Interesting comments but I've somehow been left with the impression that some posters have missed my argument about the uniqueness of the Lois and Clark relationship - that their love for each other was that once in a lifetime love. (as presentred in L & C: T NAoS that is) And also that Lois Lane is as important a character as Clark Kent/Superman.

I don't object, and have never objected to any suggestion that either L or C had "loves" before they met each other. As I've said, all too often smile , there are so many types of love.

But what has thrown me out of stories has been the suggestion that other loves that each had (oddly, nearly always Clark as it turns out) was "the love of a lifetime". As soon as that premise is set up, it means that I as a reader (all too sadly logical) can't buy that either Lois or Clark will be "that one great love" for the other.

That doesn't mean that other readers won't be interested in reading, of course.

It's the distinction between the different types of love that matters to me as a reader, but I do understand that distinction is either irrelevant to others or that they may not get the distinction in the first place. Please accept that I do understand that.

And yeah, i know RL is totally different - but right now I'd just as soon escape real life.

c.