Okay. I have finally figured it out.

Ann, we're talking about two completely different things.

You wrote:

(This is why I can't read Nan's Home series, where Clark is married to a woman named Lori who is apparently a reincarnation of Lois. To me, however, the name Lori is inseparably connected with Lori Lemaris the mermaid and Clark's potential unfaithfulness to Lois with Lori, and seeing him married to a woman named Lori after the "real" Lois is dead is more than I can take.)
If Clark were to marry Lois, and then while Lois was still alive, have an affair with Lori Lemaris, I would view that as a betrayal of Lois and her love for him. And I believe that we agree on that point.

But Clark cannot - categorically cannot - be unfaithful to Lois if she has died. And this is where we sharply disagree. Faithfulness to a spouse (or unfaithfulness) is for this life only, Ann, and cannot be applied to either of them if the other is dead. It doesn't matter if there weren't any "dead Clark/Lois with a super-child" stories. It doesn't matter if Nan's Lori reminds either of us of Lori Lemaris. Clark can't be unfaithful to a deceased Lois any more than Lois can be unfaithful to a deceased Clark.

But this isn't the subject under discussion! You want to read only Lois and Clark love story tales. You refuse to admit as possible any tale where Clark marries someone else after Lois dies. You demand that we all write Clark as loving only Lois and never loving or being truly intimate with anyone else without insisting the same requirement be laid on Lois. You insist that even imagining Lois's death is possibly the most horrible thing a FOLC writer can do.

Okay. I get it now. I understand. Honestly, you have a perfect right to read only stories you like. You do not, however, have a right to trash someone's story because it doesn't meet your strict requirements. There are certain stories I don't like, but unless I'm asked to be a beta for that author, I won't give only negative feedback, I won't behave as if my personal Superman fantasies have been deliberately attacked, and I won't flame the writer or the story in the feedback folder. And I don't understand why you keep beating your head against this same stone wall. Just don't read the story.

'Nuff said?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing