Interesting debate.

I personally love to see a story where Lois and Clark end up together… they are my favorite and I eat them up like crack.

BUT

I also love seeing authors here play out every single situation and aspect that they can think of for our two heroes. I like to think of it this way:

1. Every story written here is like an alt-universe. The original was obviously the series we saw on TV. No author is ever going to get it exactly like the show (unless of course they were the writers for the show) although some do come pretty darned close.
2. Because I look at every story like an alt-universe I can read it and know that my little tightly woven dreams and aspirations for the characters were already fulfilled in the show. The characters we know and love DID end up together and things turned out pretty okay.

Now that is the basis I go into every story with. Then I get to see our authors play with it. What’s if? That’s the question we all ask. What if this detail was changed? What if this person hadn’t had this as an influence in their life? How would it have changed their personality? What if they took this path in life instead of another?

Oh my! The possibilities are endless! And I for one and so glad they are. If there weren’t we would have run out of good fanfiction a long time ago. So what if sometimes they don’t instantly fall in love with each other? Maybe this author’s Lois and Clark had vastly different backgrounds. That’s fabulous! That means I get to meet a new set of people. It would get really boring if I had to read about the same Lois and Clark over and over.

So, my advise to everyone is to sit back and enjoy. Let your mind think outside the boundaries and enjoy the exploration of all these different possibilities. So what if it didn’t happen exactly like it did in the tv show or in the comics? That’s why we write fanfiction and not official licensed novels and comics for DC. Get rid of the walls in the box you are holding your imagination in. It is so much more fun when you do.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!