It's interesting that you'd point out "It Might Have Been" to support your position, Ann, because Ray is a self-proclaimed first-season Lois hater. Part of the reason he wrote the story was to rub Lois's nose in Clark's happiness with someone else (and it was NOT just about sex, as you imply).
Actually, Terry, I'm not implying that Clark's relationship with this other woman in Ray's fic was all about sex. But I find it very easy to believe that Ray is a self-proclaimed Lois hater, and I can certainly believe that the point of his story, including his nfic epilogue, was to rub Lois's nose in Clark's happiness with someone else. And, Terry, if someone writes an LnC fic with the explicit purpose of making Lois suffer, then I'll reserve the right to hate that fic, and to think very little of the author. I don't claim to have an objective "right" to these feelings of disgust, but I don't apologize for having them.

However, Lynn, Nancy and Laura clearly didn't write their fics with the explicit purpose of making Lois unhappy, and while I might question aspects of their stories, I certainly have no right to hate them - and I don't, I very much want to point out. For example, I followed Nancy's story quite closely, because I was fascinated and delighted with her portrayal of Clark and Lois's children. I did not, admittedly, like Clark's relationship with a new woman, but in no way can I describe Nancy's Clark as a serial womanizer. On the contrary, Clark's behaviour in Nancy's story was very responsible, caring and honourable, and we would be so fortunate if more people in real life were so honourable and good. My only complaint, really, is that in Nancy's story Lois was clearly not "Clark's one true love" - and that is something that I, bottom line, always want to see in a Lois and Clark fanfic.

Ann