UPDATED 12/16/2012

***I am currently full-up on people I'm betaing for. I can take new stories from people I've already agreed to work with, but don't have time currently to take on new authors. Should this change in the future, I'll come back and change my status.***

Hi. Since joining the boards a year and a half ago, I've Beta'd a several short and medium sized stories. And I've also had the chance to work with some pretty terrific people who have taught me what it is to be a Beta.

I'm pretty good with grammar; although, perhaps I'm still a bit rusty. I have been proofing my friends' writing since high school; plus, I worked as a professional proofreader/editor for term papers in college. I do still have some difficulties with comma placement, but I'm improving. wink Spelling is what spell-check is for, but I can usually catch stuff that the spell checker misses (i.e. form instead of from, their/they're/there, to/two/too, etc.). Plot inconsistencies usually jump out at me, but there are no guarantees. I'll also spitball my ideas, even if you don't ask me to. Feel free to use them or ignore them as you see fit.

I know how to be constructive and point out the good stuff. I'm honest, though, so if I don't like something, I'll tell you what might be better. Don't take it personally, that's just who I am. Feel free to ignore any suggestions I have regarding your story. wink I'm not you, it's not my story, they are only suggestions.

I read-through the story, usually twice. I will give copious notes: some comments, any corrections, and all questions or confusions noted. If you're willing to give me a try (test-run), I'm your gal.

I'm still fairly new to the message boards, but I can honestly say I haven't read anything (storylines) I really don't like. (This still holds true after a year of reading stories. Good work, everyone! clap ) I'm sure some will pop up, but I haven't seen any yet. I can't imagine I'd like storylines where Lois and Clark don't end up together at the end (i.e. end up with other people). I'm a hopeless romantic at heart and believe in L&C as soul mates. I love stories that make me laugh or cry (as long as I know they'll be happy in the end) or feel. That's the sign of a good writer - the emotional connection.

Story length is not an issue. I Beta at night when the house is quiet and I can concentrate without interruption. I try to return at least a Part/Posting length back within 48 hours. (If it is sent in longer blocks this turnaround time can't be guaranteed.) Communication is key. If I can't get it back with you within a few days, I'll let you know.

Feel free to contact me at my L&C email address:

lc.virginiaR@gmail.com

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.