I am just going to make a short reply, because Annie and Yvonne actually covered pretty much everything I had planned to say.

1. I am not a graphic designer. However, I do write scientific papers that have been used in journals. Certain journals require one space after the period for space constraints. Others require two spaces after the period to separate sentances more clearly. In other professional writing I've done, I have always used two spaces as a default.

2. The way I learned to type, it was one space after a comma, two spaces after a period. Plain and simple, a comma is a short pause, therefore one space. A period is a longer, sentance ending pause, therefore two spaces. And, yes, Lynn, you are probably right about my age. I am 23 and started school a year early, so I was in junior high in '93 and '94 and I was in high school from '95-'98. Yes, I did have some teachers who were older and learned typing on a typewriter, but I also had a large percentage of teachers fresh out of college that used computers and word processors.

3. I like to be notified of any and all changes made to my stories. I tend to be very protective of my stories, and I do not like any changes to be made without my approval. I know I should have looked at the stories you sent me to see if I agreed with any "additional" changes you made, but how was I supposed to know that you would have made any changes that I hadn't approved?

Sorry to be so insistent about this, but it is something that I have always been taught -- and especially with the courier font used in txt files, I really do like the asthetics of two spaces. And since it is my story, I feel that I should be able to govern the content and formatting of my story. Because . . . well, it's my story wink .

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve