I'm glad grammar is important at least to some people. grammatical errors (which I encounter often, unfortunately) is pain to my eyes (and ears).

I use better grammar than so many people I know. My best friend used to write wonderful stories, and she used to brag about her perfect mark in English. She hasn't show me any of her works lately, and her grammar was FAR from being perfect even then, but at least she corrected her mistakes when I pointed them out then. Now she tells me that in emails and rushed notes it "okay" to have a minor mistake. And tells me to get a life. Ah, well, we'll see who gets published first. wink She still tells me she's a writer (and when I point out the fact that I'm one too, she says I'm not a real writer because I write fanfic and not original fiction- you have my permission to raid her house), but I would think a writer would watch their grammar whenever.

Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed reading this. smile

LOL, Laura, and Annie, I understand you both. I had to create a news broadcast script for English class with a group of other people, and each of us was going to write one or two stories for it. I volunteered to collect them and put them together. Half of them were full of incorrect grammar and the other half, I couldn't tell because it was all chatspeak. *sigh* and we're in grade 10.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)