This is a change that I would have really appreciated being asked about, because I would not have approved that change.
As far as the Archive goes, it's really up to the author to carefully read over the edited story and any edits made by their GE and query anything they either aren't sure of or don't approve of, Laura. This is precisely why GEs return all edited stories to an author for them to check before it's sent back to the EIC as a final copy.

All GEs will have their own personal bugbears which they will edit in an assignment, based on their opinion of what is right and correct. It simply won't occur to any of them to point out this edit made or that edit made individually in the majority of cases - because to them it's just all editing.

Therefore, they really do rely on the author to tell them if they have a problem. It can then easily be remedied before the story is returned for uploading, since the author always has the final word on what is changed.

Two spaces, one space - it's not an easy change to notice, of course. (I'd hazard a guess that 99% of those who read the story on the Archive failed to notice it either goofy ) However, unless you pointed it out to her at the time, after reading through the edited file, there was really no way for Lynn to be aware that you had a problem with it.

I guess that it's something you'll look out for though in the future and will bring up with your GE during the editing process, if they make this edit. That way there should be no problem. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers