I really don't want to make a big deal out of the double space issues, because it's really not that important in the bigger scheme of things. I also don't want to get at Lynn, because, well, I like her. smile

However, just to clarify something you said, Rat:

All GEs will have their own personal bugbears which they will edit in an assignment, based on their opinion of what is right and correct. It simply won't occur to any of them to point out this edit made or that edit made individually in the majority of cases - because to them it's just all editing.
My understanding, and experience to date, is that GEs list or highlight all their suggested edits before making them so that they can be reviewed by the author and accepted or rejected according to their preference. This is still the case, isn't it? Or have I just been lucky with my GEs over the past 5 years or so?

I know there have been exceptions to this practice, where a story is so riddled with errors that it's just not practical to list all the edits necessary, but I didn't think this was standard practice.

Yvonne smile